Salesforce.com Increases India Customer Base by 42% in Fiscal Year 2010
• Record number of organizations choose Salesforce.com for CRM and custom applications
• Force.com development community in India grows to more than 36,000 members
DELHI, India, 22 April 2010 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, grew its customer base in India by 42%, outpacing the company’s growth in the Asia Pacific region during its full fiscal year ended January 31, 2010.
“We’re seeing an inflection point in India among leading enterprises who are increasingly saying good bye to expensive hardware and software that burn through precious capital and yet rarely produce the promised returns,” salesforce.com Senior Vice President for Enterprise Sales, Asia Pacific, Steve McWhirter said.
“The need for speed, agility, and greater productivity at a lower IT cost has made cloud computing a clear favorite among small to medium-sized businesses in India,” said Lee Thompson, senior vice president for Corporate Sales, Asia Pacific, salesforce.com. “They are voting with their wallets at a dramatic pace in favor of CRM and other critical business applications on a cloud computing platform.”
“The story gets even better this year,” said Jeremy Cooper, regional vice president, Marketing, Asia Pacific, salesforce.com. “When Salesforce Chatter is made available later this year to every one of our two million+ users worldwide, we will introduce – on that single day -- a completely new era of enterprise collaboration.”
“India is the fastest growing cloud computing market in the Asia Pacific region,” said Sanchit Vir Gogia, Associate Research Manager – Software, Springboard Research. “With ongoing roll-outs of national broadband and 3G networks in India, a focus on reducing TCO, and demand for more scalability and flexibility in business applications, the cloud computing market in India is poised for continued growth.”
Leading organizations in India choose salesforce.com for CRM and custom application development:
• Salesforce CRM, which includes Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, is the world’s most popular CRM application. FY10 wins in India include: AdGlobal360, Bajaj Auto Finance, Godrej Properties, GVK Biosciences Private Limited, Infotech Enterprises Limited, Microland Limited, and Y-AXIS Overseas Career.
• Salesforce.com now has more than 36,000 members in its India developer community, developing applications on Force.com, which allows organizations to build and run applications 5 times faster, at about ½ the cost of traditional software platforms .
• Salesforce.com Fiscal Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2010 Results
• Cloud Platform for CRM: Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
• Video: What is Cloud Computing?
• Video: Cloud Computing for small businesses
• Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce or @salesforceAPAC
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/ap/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/ap/, or call 800 1301 448 (Singapore) or 800 967 655 (Hong Kong) or +65 6302 5700.