Australian Appetite for Cloud Computing Drives Salesforce.com CRM Growth
o New Leading Industry Analyst Firm report shows salesforce.com grew fastest among top four CRM vendors in Australia during CY2009
o Salesforce.com customers in Australia to experience Chatter on June 2010
SYDNEY, 3 June 2010 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, is now the number one vendor for CRM applications in Australia, according to latest Gartner figures, commanding 20% of CRM revenues in Australia during 2009. The report also shows that salesforce.com enjoyed 35% growth in calendar year 2009, making it the fastest growing vendor among the top four CRM players.
Salesforce.com EVP for Asia Pacific & Japan Lindsey Armstrong
said, "Australians are wholeheartedly embracing the cloud and saying 'no' to 22% annual software maintenance fees, to lengthy deployments and the risk associated with on-premise software deployments."
Enterprises in Australia Embrace Social Enterprise Collaboration and Cloud 2
• Salesforce Chatter is the first social enterprise collaboration solution with profiles, status updates and real-time feeds for an organization's people, applications and data - accelerating the shift to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2
• More than 50 customers in Asia Pacific are already experiencing Salesforce Chatter through its private beta program, including Australian companies of all sizes such as Alpha Autism, Altium, Aussie Whitegoods Rescue, Datarati , 3dInteractive, Netwealth Investments Limited, TalkingTech, and ZettaServe.
• Chatter beta customers in Australia report lower email volume, faster insights, and better communication across employees, content and applications.
• "The introduction of Chatter has brought the whole team, including remote offices, closer together. The ability to follow people, accounts and opportunities means we are updated and aware of any information that may impact on our respective roles and/or sales and marketing outcomes," said Matt Heine, Executive Director, Netwealth Investments Limited. "A fantastic tool."
• "Chatter is yet another innovation from salesforce.com that allows us to take immediate action on the insights from our CRM data," said Will Scully Power, Business Manager/Executive, Datarati. "We have now started to see how the 'Consumerprise' is taking shape and see Chatter as yet another tool in our collaboration arsenal."
• "Chatter is an extremely welcome addition to our Salesforce experience. The ability to integrate social interaction with our business systems will mean significant improvements in communication and the ability for our management team to quickly and easily follow changes in the status of projects, key data/documents and lead development all straight from the Chatter feed," said David Forder, Executive Director, The Retail Space. "As a productivity and communication tool it will add real value to our systems here."
• "Chatter just worked, right out of the box," said Craig Steddy - Finance and CRM Systems, ZettaServe. "Our management team now has much greater visibility of what is happening with prospects and customers in both sales and support."
• "Salesforce.com is indispensable for Alpha Autism running its Drawtism fundraising campaign, and Chatter has taken productivity to a whole new level," said Wojciech Nadachowski - Co-ordinator – Alpha Autism. "Since we started using Chatter, I now receive live and instant updates on critical campaign related tasks by team members. Be it when the IT guys import the latest data set, or when Drawtism's fundraising hosts are being contacted by our remote call centre, I know when all this happens without anyone having to send me an email."
• Video: What is Chatter?
• Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/ap/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/ap/, or call 800 1301 448 (Singapore) or 800 967 655 (Hong Kong) or +65 6302 5700.