Salesforce.com Launches New Salesforce1 Mobile App with Summer ‘14—Now Anyone Can Run Their Business From Their Phone
The new Salesforce1 Mobile App, with more than 30 new features, will deliver the most complete and customizable mobile experience in a single app for business users
Now Salesforce1 Mobile App users can engage directly in Salesforce1 Communities with their customers and partners
Leading companies such as Daily Mail & General Trust, Design Within Reach, Philips, and Stanley Black & Decker have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way
SAN FRANCISCO – May 22, 2014 – Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today launched the new Salesforce1 Mobile App—now anyone can run their business from their phone. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will deliver the most complete and customizable mobile experience in a single app for business users. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will include more than 30 new features that will allow users to sell, service, market and engage from any mobile device. Leading companies such as Daily Mail & General Trust, Design Within Reach, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
● "Apple launched the iPhone seven years ago and ignited a mobile computing revolution," said Kendall Collins, executive vice president, Mobile & Product Design, salesforce.com. "Today, with the Salesforce1 Mobile App and Salesforce1 Platform, companies are transforming to run their business from any mobile phone."
● "We are delighted with the fast time to value from investing in the Salesforce1 Mobile App as part of our mobile strategy,” said Jeroen Tas, CEO, Informatics, Solutions and Services, Philips Healthcare. “Everything that is vital to our company is now right here on my phone with Salesforce1."
● “The new Salesforce1 Mobile App allows us to build deeper connections with all of our customers, which is essential to be successful in today’s social and mobile world,” said John McPhee, President, Design Within Reach. “With the Salesforce1 Mobile App, we can customize every communication and interaction with our customers, keeping us ahead of our competition.”
● “Customers need to access data from legacy systems on their mobile devices to have a complete view of their business on the go," said Ashutosh Kulkarni, senior vice president and general manager, Data Integration, Informatica. "With our new QuickStart solution for SAP that provides pre-packaged business integration, customers can unlock back office data from SAP and bring it right into the Salesforce1 Mobile App on any device.”
● “The emergence of mobile enterprise applications, which will drive enterprise mobility, create new ways of working and transform existing business processes, is a major trend in 2014. For organizations that already have a mobility strategy in place, the next phase will be to start mobilizing as many internal processes as possible to allow workers to perform their core tasks (beyond email) from whichever device they have on hand, from wherever they are,” said Richard Absalom, senior analyst, Ovum.
Mobile App Usage Surpasses Desktop Usage
Today, people spend more time on mobile apps than on desktops, according to Comscore. In fact, smartphones are expected to be 77 percent of connected devices in use by 2017, according to Ovum. The smartphone is the dashboard to our personal life. We have Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, banking apps to monitor our financials and we have apps to track our fitness. People want to run their business from their phone, but where are the mobile business apps?
Only four percent of people's time is spent on productivity apps built for business. The low adoption of enterprise mobile apps can be attributed to the fact that there are limited choices in apps that are process and data driven, they are difficult to build, hard to customize and challenging to connect to legacy systems.
Salesforce1 Expands the Breadth of Business Use Cases for the Mobile Enterprise, Again
As the market leader in CRM, salesforce.com continues to innovate and deliver the broadest set of solutions to allow customers to sell, service, market and engage. The Summer ‘14 release expands upon the leading CRM uses cases, while dramatically expanding with new Salesforce1 Communities for Mobile and new options for mobilizing back office information. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will deliver the most complete and customizable mobile experience in a single app, giving users access to their complete business directly from their phone. Now users will be able to:
● Sell From Anywhere. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will give every salesperson direct access to their Reports and Dashboards, easy navigation with Accounts, and provide access to data offline, enabling them to sell to customers anytime, from anywhere.
● Service Customers Everywhere. With new features such as Knowledge, Questions & Answers, and Email and Social Case Actions in the Salesforce1 Mobile App, service agents will be able to provide unparalleled customer service from their mobile devices.
● Market 1:1 to Customers Everywhere. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will give marketers access to their Contacts’ Social Information, Campaign Members, and Marketing Collateral right from their phone to allow them to market 1:1 to customers on every channel.
● Engage with Salesforce1 Communities. With new mobile access to Salesforce1 Communities, companies and their employees will be able to sell, service, market and engage directly with customers and partners in multiple custom, branded communities.
● Connect Legacy Apps and Back Office Data. Companies will be able to connect with their back office like never before by integrating third-party apps through new Canvas API’s and tools. In addition, new SAP connectors from Informatica and Mulesoft will also allow enterprises to quickly build mobile workflows that integrate mission-critical back office data.
● Build and Deploy Custom Business Apps. Companies can also easily build and deploy custom mobile apps for any business process to help employees get work done directly from their phone.
● Access an Ecosystem of 65+ Partner Apps. Using the new mobile app, users can easily access a broad selection of partner apps such as FinancialForce’s accounting app and Kenandy’s ERP app to get a complete view of their business on the go.
Salesforce1 Mobile App Built for BYOD and Global Deployments
In today’s workplace, where employees bring their device of choice to the office, companies need to be prepared to support all devices and browsers around the globe, all while meeting compliance requirements. With Salesforce1, it is done for you. Now, in addition to Apple and Android operating systems, users will be able to access the Salesforce1 Mobile App from any mobile browser, including Blackberry Z10 mobile browser, Good Access Secure mobile browser and Windows 8 browser. In addition, the Salesforce1 Mobile App now delivers notifications on Samsung wearables.
Leading Companies Adopt and Customize Salesforce1 Mobile App
Leading companies such as Daily Mail & General Trust, Design Within Reach, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way. Business no longer has to wait until a sales rep is back at their desk to update a deal, it can now get done in the moment. For the first time, with the Salesforce1 Mobile App, companies of all sizes have one mobile app to not only complete any business process or action, they have one app to connect with their customers, employees, partners and products. Companies and employees can now customize their own Salesforce1 Mobile App to include any Salesforce app, any app from the Salesforce1 partner ecosystem or any custom app to run their business from their phone.
Pricing and Availability
● Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
● Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at Apple App Store and Google Play; and Salesforce1 Mobile App notifications are now generally available on all Samsung wearable devices running on Android OS.
● All new Salesforce1 Mobile App features are expected to be generally available in July 2014.
● Salesforce1 Mobile App is expected to be available in beta via Windows 8 mobile browsers in July 2014.
● Salesforce1 Mobile App is expected to be generally available via Good Access Secure mobile browsers in July 2014.
● Salesforce1 Mobile App is expected to be generally available via BlackBerry Z10 mobile browsers in July 2014.
● Like salesforce.com on Facebook:http://facebook.com/salesforce
● Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
● Get more information on Salesforce1 Mobile App athttp://www.salesforce.com/mobile
● Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
● Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play athttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com(NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
“Safe harbor” statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to future products and features. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. Further information on factors that could affect the company’s financial and other results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including the company’s most recent Form 10-K. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of the company’s website atwww.salesforce.com/investor. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
© 2014 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/ap/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/ap/, or call 800 1301 448 (Singapore) or 800 967 655 (Hong Kong) or +65 6302 5700.