Chatter.com is Live
Chatter.com makes private social networks available to every company around the world
Starting today, any employee can sign their company up for free at Chatter.com
Chatter.com will be featured in salesforce.com’s first broadcast advertising spots on February 6, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO – Jan. 31, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the public availability of Chatter.com, enabling every company to create a free, private social network. With Chatter.com, any company can easily collaborate and increase employee productivity. To get started, any employee can simply register their company e-mail address at Chatter.com.
Leveraging the social features popularized by Facebook and Twitter - such as profiles, status updates and real-time feeds - Chatter lets employees “follow” documents, people and groups. The result is a new level of productivity that breaks down department and organizational barriers.
Chatter.com – Company Collaboration Made Easy
Chatter.com makes it easy for users to connect and collaborate with their colleagues. Employees can leverage Chatter.com to:
● Connect with experts
● Collaborate with remote employees
● Easily share large files
● Prepare for sales presentations
● Manage team projects
● Discuss confidential topics
● Get answers
● Share important info with coworkers
● Solve customer issues
● Brainstorm marketing ideas
Chatter Delivers Incredible Productivity Gains to Employees and Companies
In a recent customer satisfaction survey of more than 6,000 global salesforce.com customers, executives reported that Chatter is making their employees more productive - with 28 percent fewer meetings and 32 percent less e-mail. In addition, nearly 50 percent of the users surveyed said they could find information faster than ever before.
Chatter’s breakthrough technology has allowed salesforce.com to expand beyond sales organizations, and bring a new wave of collaboration to employees across the enterprise. Companies including Dell and Reed Exhibitions have already rolled out Chatter enterprise-wide.
Chatter.com Television Advertising to Appear February 6, 2011
Chatter.com will be featured in salesforce.com’s first ever broadcast advertisements that will debut on Sunday February 6, 2011.The spots were directed and produced by will.i.am in collaboration with saleforce.com’s in-house marketing team using Chatter.com to create the two television advertisements in record time.
Comments on the News
● “Now with Chatter.com, any company can do impossible things as a team,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com.
● “During the production of the two commercial spots, we were collaborating on documents, scripts, artwork, downloading, uploading - all securely in the cloud using Chatter. Any task can be solved when you have a team working cohesively,” said will.i.am, Director & Executive Producer, Dipdive Inc. and director of the Chatter.com television commercials.
● “Over the years, an endless onslaught of e-mails and meetings has built a barrier to creativity and productivity. That's why Chatter.com is so exciting: it drives employees to share knowledge and expertise, close more deals and solve customer problems,” said Denis Pombriant, Beagle Research.
● “We are always looking for tools to increase employee productivity and collaboration within our company. Chatter.com is an entirely new technology that we cannot wait to get our hands on. By connecting our employees across departments, Chatter.com will help us close more deals, serve our customers better and increase productivity throughout the entire business,” said Lars Fjeldsoe-Nielsen, VP Growth and Operations at Trumpet Technologies. “I cannot wait to see what we will accomplish in the weeks to come.”
Chatter Pricing and Availability
● Chatter.com is now generally available at no charge to anyone with a company email address.
● Salesforce Chatter is now generally available and included for free with all paying user licenses of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
● Chatter Plus user licenses are available for customers using Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition or Unlimited Edition for $15 per user, per month.
● Chatter Free is now generally available to all employees of paying salesforce.com customers at no charge.
● Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
● To sign-up for Chatter.com, please visit http://www.chatter.com
● Like Chatter at http://www.facebook.com/chatter
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
● To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: http://www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78
Salesforce.com is the trusted enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s Force.com platform and apps (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com’s cloud offerings include:
• The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
• The Service Cloud, for customer service and support
• The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
• Salesforce Chatter, for social collaboration
• The Force.com platform, for custom application development
• Database.com, the world’s first enterprise cloud database
• The AppExchange, the world’s leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31,
2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including
Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements may not be currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM.” For more information please
visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/au/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/au/, or call 1800 667 638 (Australia) or 0800 450 064 (New Zealand).