Post status updates
Share information more effectively with your coworkers
Using status updates you can quickly post a file, link, or update that all of your followers will see in their Chatter feeds. Other people in your company can then comment on your post and engage in a conversation right in the feed.
Here are some important points to keep in mind when making status updates:
- If you create a public group, anyone can see posts on the group, whether they're members of the group or not.
- Posts made in a private group can only be seen by members who have been added by the group owner.
- If you make a post on a record (i.e. account or opportunity), only users who have full or read-only access to that record can see your post.
- Post "up the chain" to reach a broader audience. For example if you manage a product datasheet and want to let all your sales reps know about a new version,go to the profile of a someone with a large number of followers, like a director or VP of sales, and post the file to their feed so all their followers will see it.
- Do participate by asking and answering questions and sharing information
- Do keep your posts relevant to work
- Do keep it brief
- Do use Chatter to address a wider audience and get feedback
- Do use groups rather than email distribution lists for collaboration
- Do post files instead of emailing attachments
- Don’t post anything you wouldn’t want your HR team or executives to read
- Don’t write long-winded posts
- Don’t use Chatter to replace an in-person conversation
- Don’t post confidential information on profiles or public groups
- Don’t post personal messages that aren’t relevant to your business
- Don’t post the same thing to multiple people