Salesforce Chatter Accelerates Expansion of AppExchange Economy
More than 60 Chatter-enabled apps now available in the ChatterExchange category on AppExchange 2 – the trusted cloud computing marketplace
All 160,000 custom apps built on the Force.com platform now social
CLOUDFORCE 2010 – SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 22, 2010: Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the rapid expansion of the ChatterExchange category on AppExchange 2. The AppExchange is the world’s leading cloud computing application marketplace. Over the last few years, venture capital firms have invested more than $850 million in companies with apps on the AppExchange. Now, more than 60 Salesforce Chatter enabled applications are live on the site for customers to test and buy social-enabled enterprise collaboration apps.
With the shift to Cloud 2, the demand for social enterprise apps is becoming clear and compelling. Chatter's rich suite of social collaboration components, including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds are also a part of Force.com, enabling developers and salesforce.com partners to build new social business apps. Now that Chatter is available, all 160,000 custom apps built on the Force.com platform can immediately become social.
New Collaboration Apps from ISVs in the ChatterExchange category:
Currently, there are more than 35 Chatter-enabled apps from ISV partners now available in the ChatterExchange category on AppExchange 2. Some highlights include:
• CA Agile Vision Team Edition: The agile development planning tool enables companies to unlock the competitive advantage of application development management entirely in the cloud and allows companies to bolster agile planning and collaboration to realize faster, more efficient releases.
• ServiceMax Suite and ServiceMax Chatter Volume: ServiceMax Suite offers control, monitoring, and tracking of all field service activities to increase service revenue, control costs, and turn post-sales service into a competitive advantage. Delivered on the iPad or iPhone, Chatter Volume uses Google maps to show the location of Chatter clusters that are the most active and take action where it matters most.
• FinancialForce Accounting and Chatterbox: FinancialForce Accounting is a unique, cloud based accounting solution that allows finance teams of organizations using Salesforce CRM to dramatically simplify processes like invoicing, collecting cash and servicing customers. Chatterbox monitors activities based on a set of rules defined by the user. When the criteria for a particular rule are met, individuals registered against that rule are alerted and a Chatter stream starts automatically.
• CloudApps Carbon ’10: Offers enterprise solutions helping companies of all sizes reduce their operating costs, comply with global voluntary and legislative climate change requirements, and engage with their key stakeholders to enhance brand equity and realize value from their carbon asset.
ISV apps in the Chatter Exchange include: Akritiv, All-Rounds, Appirio, Apttus, Avankia, AvePoint, Bluewolf, CA Technologies, Cameleon Software, Cast Iron, CloudApps, Cloud Conversion, DocuSign, EchoSign, Fairsail, FinancialForce.com, Genius.com, Glovia, InsideView, Intellect Solutions, Jobpartners, Jobscience, Kugamon, Linvio, MPC, PropertyBase, SaasPoint, ServiceMax, SupplierSoft, Vertical Response, Xactly, ZenKraft and Zuora.
Chatter Labs Apps available on ChatterExchange:
Salesforce.com has also made more than 25 Chatter Labs apps available for free in the ChatterExchange category on AppExchange 2 to enhance customer implementations. These tools and add-ons built by resident Force.com experts, and made available on the ChatterExchange outside of salesforce.com’s product offering, include:
• Google Alerts to Chatter: Offers a source of intelligence by allowing users to import alerts as they happen into the accounts’ Chatter stream with just a few clicks. News items typically include a headline and a link and can be setup for any account with any query term.
• Chatter Combo Pack: A collection of utilities to help users understand, navigate and organize their company’s social and data graph by offering “at a glance” view of how users are adopting Chatter while also helping them discover and engage with their peers.
• Chatter Collaborative Feedback: Brings the power and security of Chatter to the peer-to-peer review and feedback process. Users can request feedback from any other user on any topic and once the information is received, it can be shared with the management chain.
Please visit www.appexchange.com/chatter today to get started with Cloud 2 Chatter apps and for the full list of available ChatterExchange and Chatter Lab apps.
• For salesforce.com customers, visit www.salesforce.com/chatter/getstarted for guides, FAQs and tutorials on how to turn on Chatter and use within the organization
• For ChatterExchange apps, please visit the AppExchange 2 at www.salesforce.com/appexchange2
• Become a fan of Chatter on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SalesforceChatter
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
• To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.