Salesforce.com Announces 10,000 Customers Go Live on Salesforce Chatter GA Release in First Week
Enterprises of all sizes unleash the social enterprise and a new way to work
SAN FRANCISCO – June 29, 2010: Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM - News), the enterprise cloud computing(http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that more than 10,000 of its customers have gone live on the GA release of Chatter in the first week of its availability. Chatter, the industry's first cloud-based enterprise social collaboration application and platform, unleashes the social enterprise and a new way to work for people around the world.
Comments on the News
• “We’ve never seen this kind of excitement around a product release before,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “The rapid adoption of Chatter is simply amazing.”
• "The market demands of today mean that our competitive advance lies in our ability to arm employees and teams with accurate, real-time information," said Matthew Schafer, founding partner, Sequoia Wealth Management Group. "With Salesforce Chatter, we can stay on top of what's going on with customer accounts to deliver an unrivaled client service experience. The combination of Chatter's social networking features and real-time access via the iPhone app are invaluable because they have accelerated our productivity and bolstered our ability meet our clients’ needs quicker.”
The industry response to Chatter signals the overwhelming demand for Cloud 2 apps that are social, mobile and real-time. Leveraging the features popularized by Facebook, Google and Twitter, like profiles, status updates and real-time feeds, Chatter empowers enterprises with a new level of productivity only possible in the cloud. Chatter’s social collaboration technology enables enterprises to collaborate around more than just documents, employees can also follow people, business processes and application data.
Salesforce Chatter Pricing and Availability
• Salesforce Chatter is now generally available and included for free with all paying user licenses of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
• Chatter-only user licenses are available for customers using Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition or Unlimited Edition for $15 per user, per month.
• Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
• For salesforce.com customers, visit www.salesforce.com/chatter/getstarted for guides, FAQs and tutorials on how to turn on Chatter and use within the organization
• For prospective customers, get your free trial of Salesforce today at www.salesforce.com
• For ChatterExchange apps, please visit the AppExchange 2 at www.salesforce.com/appexchange2
• Become a fan of Chatter on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SalesforceChatter
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
• To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78?
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.