Salesforce Enables EnerNOC to Effortlessly Scale with the Smart Grid Industry
EnerNOC deploys Salesforce CRM to realize new levels of visibility into its customer base
Using the Force.com enterprise cloud computing platform, EnerNOC builds multiple custom applications to integrate detailed information about its smart grid infrastructure
SAN FRANCISCO – March 7, 2011 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that EnerNOC, Inc. [NASDAQ: ENOC], a leading provider of energy management applications for the smart grid, is harnessing salesforce.com’s cloud technologies to transform how the world uses energy. EnerNOC is using Salesforce CRM (the Sales Cloud and Service Cloud) and the Force.com platform across its entire organization to gain mobile access and real-time visibility into its marketing, sales, finance and customer service operations and maintain a competitive edge in the fast growing smart grid industry.
EnerNOC Improves Customer Visibility and Support with Salesforce CRM
EnerNOC selected Salesforce CRM after a thorough evaluation because the Force.com platform offered the richest capabilities and most resembled its own cloud computing model for energy management.
• Using the Sales Cloud, EnerNOC has been able to simplify marketing campaign management and gain visibility into performance and financial return across multiple channels.
• EnerNOC rolled out mobile access to the Sales Cloud via BlackBerry devices to let employees view or edit opportunities, contact information, leads, or other important information in real-time, wherever they are.
• Using the Service Cloud, EnerNOC has been able to build a case database that enables it to capitalize on continuous improvement opportunities and optimize its processes in delivering industry-leading value to its customers.
• The Service Cloud is integrated with EnerNOC’s world-class energy management applications to ensure that customer relationship data informs the service provided through EnerNOC’s 24/7 network operations center.
The Force.com Platform Enables EnerNOC to Quickly Adapt to Business Changes
EnerNOC began using the Force.com enterprise cloud computing platform in 2006 and has since expanded its use across the company. With Force.com, which is five times faster and half the cost of traditional development platforms, EnerNOC can adapt to business changes quickly by building custom apps in hours or days as opposed to weeks or months. EnerNOC has built several apps that enable it to integrate detailed information about its smart grid infrastructure with its customer base, giving the company a complete, real-time view of its business.
Comments on the News:
“To maintain our industry-leading position, we need enterprise cloud computing technologies that support our business and liberate us from optimizing disk space, shrinking database files or upgrading software versions,” said Peter Yao, manager of IT Applications, EnerNOC. “Salesforce.com’s cloud solutions are giving us the scalability we need to grow as we continue to evolve the smart grid industry.”
• For more information on EnerNOC’s success with salesforce.com, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/customers/energy/enernoc.jsp
• For more information about the Sales Cloud, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/crm/sales-force-automation/
• For more information about the Service Cloud, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/
• For more information about the Force.com platform, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
EnerNOC unlocks the full value of energy management for our utility and commercial, institutional, and industrial (C&I) customers by reducing real-time demand for electricity, increasing energy efficiency, improving energy supply transparency in competitive markets, and mitigating emissions. We accomplish this by delivering world-class energy management applications including DemandSMART™, comprehensive demand response; SiteSMART™, data-driven energy efficiency; SupplySMART™, energy price and risk management; and CarbonSMART™, enterprise carbon management. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) continuously supports these applications across thousands of C&I customer sites throughout the world. Working with more than 100 utilities and grid operators globally, we deliver energy, ancillary services, and carbon mitigation resources that provide cost-effective alternatives to investments in traditional power generation, transmission, and distribution. For more information, visit www.enernoc.com.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.