Salesforce.com Rockets Up FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” List
Social enterprise leader jumps 25 spots and ranks among top companies for the fourth consecutive year
SAN FRANCISCO – Jan. 19, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing) company, today announced it was named 27th on the annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list published by FORTUNE magazine. This is the fourth consecutive year salesforce.com has made the esteemed list.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com also ranked second for greatest job growth among the companies on the list.
According to FORTUNE, "There are plenty of reasons Salesforce is cool to work for: its downtown San Francisco vibe, its matchless end-of-the-year revelry, its embedded philanthropy, and its idiosyncratic leader."
Comments on the News
• “This award is a testament to the innovative salesforce.com employees,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “There is no better place than salesforce.com for people who are passionate about transforming the industry and improving the world through philanthropy.”
• “We constantly work to build an energy at salesforce.com that inspires a culture for employee success,” said Monika Fahlbusch, senior vice president of employee success, salesforce.com. “We look forward to continue to hire the best in the business and make sure we create the best possible work environment and corporate culture for our employees.”
• “I have been at salesforce.com for 12 years and what keeps me here is that the company cares deeply about its employees and customers – people come first,” said Rajani Ramanathan, senior vice president of software engineering, salesforce.com. “I get to work with amazing people and cutting-edge technologies that fundamentally improve the way the world does business.”
A social revolution is taking place today. The number of social networking users has surpassed e-mail users, and people access the Internet more from mobile devices than from desktops. Salesforce.com is helping its customers and employees thrive in this new world with the social enterprise. Today, companies must change the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees to stay competitive.
• Interested in working at one of the best places to work? Check out our recruiting page: www.salesforce.com/dreamjob.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
• Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
• A community of good people doing great things: The Salesforce.com Foundation: http://www.salesforcefoundation.org.
About FORTUNE’S “100 Best Companies to Work For”
• To pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, FORTUNE partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America.
• 280 firms participated in this year’s survey. More than 246,000 employees at those companies responded to a survey created by the institute, a global research and consulting firm operating in 45 countries around the world. Two-thirds of a company’s score is based on the results of the institute’s Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management’s credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the institute’s Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts. After evaluations are completed, if news about a company comes to light that may significantly damage employees’ faith in management, we may exclude it from the list.
• Any company that is at least five years old and has more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible. For information on how to apply, visit www.greatplacetowork.com.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.