Salesforce.com Revolutionizes Customer Service for a Social and Mobile World with Desk.com
Now every business can deliver personalized customer service through Twitter, Facebook, phone, email and web
Desk.com puts a mobile help desk in every employee’s pocket, letting companies help customers anywhere, anytime
Thousands of fast-growing companies, including Bonobos, Klout, and Spotify, are wowing their customers using Desk.com
Desk.com available today, starting at $49 per month
SAN FRANCISCO -- January 31, 2012 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today unveiled Desk.com, revolutionizing customer service for a social and mobile world. Desk.com enables businesses to deliver personal customer service by offering a help desk that is social, mobile and simple to use and deploy. Built with social at its core, Desk.com allows any business to instantly work with customers over any major social network. Desk.com Mobile allows companies to carry a help desk in their pocket and answer customers on the go. Finally, Desk.com is so simple that any company, even one without an IT staff, can get up and running over a weekend. Businesses can sign up for Desk.com today for as little as $49.
Comments on the News:
● “We built Desk.com so that every company can deliver personal customer service in a social and mobile world. Desk.com is social at its core; its mobile app instantly lets any employee, anywhere, deliver awesome customer service; and it can be deployed quickly and easily,” said Alex Bard, vice president and general manager, Desk.com.
● “At Bonobos, we need to move quickly because if we don’t support the customer, there will not be a customer to support,” said John Rote, director of customer experience at Bonobos. “We have a huge volume of inquiries and a small staff, so customer service is everyone’s job. After deploying Desk.com in two days, we had a complete social help desk that everyone in our company can use.”
● “Desk.com is a killer app,” said Brent Leary, co-founder and partner of CRM Essentials, LLC. “In today’s world, customer service apps have to be social, mobile and simple to use. Desk.com does that and so much more.”
Social: Desk.com Helps Any Company Engage Customers in Social Media
Today’s customers are in the midst of a social revolution. The number of social networking users has surpassed email users. Nearly a quarter of all time spent online is spent on social networks like Facebook, and the customer service implications of these social technologies for businesses large and small are staggering.
Desk.com is helping companies meet the challenge of today’s social revolution with:
● Facebook and Twitter Integrations - Desk.com provides a new social help desk that demystifies integrating social networks with other support channels like email, phone and web, all in one easy-to-use agent desktop. The Facebook and Twitter integrations with Desk.com come standard, right out of the box. In fewer than five clicks, a company can connect its Facebook or Twitter accounts to the Desk.com Agent Desktop. Social networks are now first-class citizens along with traditional support channels.
Mobile: Desk.com Mobile Lets SMBs Take the Social Help Desk on the Road
Today’s customer service is not just about connecting companies with their customers through social technologies, but also through mobile devices. Mobile devices are becoming pervasive in companies of every size - 72 percent of small businesses use mobile apps in their daily operations. Desk.com Mobile makes it easy for employees to respond to customers when they are on the go. Desk.com Mobile is built with HTML5, which gives mobile device users a richer experience and improved usability, regardless of the device they use.
With Desk.com Mobile, companies will never lose touch with their customers. New features of Desk.com Mobile include:
● iPhone & Android Friendly - Business is at users’ fingertips no matter where they go with Desk.com Mobile. Desk.com runs on any smartphone that supports HTML5, including iPhone and Android phones.
● Respond Quickly & Easily - Users can instantly access all of their information no matter where their business takes them. With Desk.com Mobile, users can quickly respond to support cases using the same familiar filters from their desktop client and can access the entire macro library without having to type long replies.
● Airtight Case Management: Not only can users respond to cases themselves on the go, they can now re-assign, change groups, change status, change priority for cases, and modify customer information associated with cases.
Simple: Deploy Desk.com for an Entire Company over a Weekend
Many companies struggle with the desire to provide excellent customer service with limited IT and customer service resources. These companies require a solution that is easy to set up and simple to use. Desk.com helps companies with:
● Easy Sign-up - Desk.com’s sign-up process is as simple to use as any consumer app. With only four required fields, a company can register for its own social help desk in a matter of seconds.
● Easy Deployment - Once Desk.com is launched, getting employees trained is easy. Desk.com provides a checklist to help companies and their employees get started, and each setup task that a company completes earns it credits for flex hours. These flex hours represent hours of time using the application that anyone in the company can use.
● Easy Agent Experience - Agents using Desk.com will discover a sleek and streamlined design in the easy-to-use Agent Desktop. The Agent Desktop enables customer service agents to start using Desk.com right out of the gate through an intuitive user interface that is as easy to use as Facebook or Gmail.
● Easy Reporting - With new Desk.com Reporting, companies will be able to see at a glance the most important metrics detailing how every aspect of their customer service is performing. Desk.com Reporting includes:
○ Data on how many cases customer service agents have opened, resolved, replied to, reassigned, or reopened—regardless of who was assigned the case.
○ Twelve pre-built reports providing data for average handle time, time to first response, first contact resolution rate, and more.
Pricing and Availability
● Desk.com is generally available today. Pricing starts at $49 USD, per full-time agent, per month, for unlimited usage. Flex pricing is also available for $1 per part-time agent, per hour.
● Desk.com Mobile is generally available today at no additional cost for full-time agents.
● Desk.com Reporting is currently scheduled to be generally available in Q1 of 2012 along with pricing.
● Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Follow @Desk on Twitter and Suggested Tweets:
If you’d like to tweet about the launch of Desk.com, here are a few suggested tweets to send to your followers about @Desk:
● Click to Tweet: .@salesforce unveils the killer app for #custserv with @desk. Check it out today at http://desk.com #getdesk
● Click to Tweet: Join @bonobos, @klout, and @spotify by delivering customer wow #custserv with @desk, new from @salesforce: http://desk.com #getdesk
● Get up and running with a social help desk for your business by visiting Desk.com today
● Like Desk.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/deskdotcom
● Read more about the news on the Desk.com blog: http://desk.com/blog
● Watch a demo of Desk.com on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UClF_DhDO_I
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.