Salesforce.com Delivers Next Generation Social Analytics for the Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud ecosystem expands, now with 20 industry leading social analytics vendors including Klout, Kred, OpenAmplify, Soshio, Trendspottr and more
Marketing Cloud ecosystem enables companies to identify sales leads, discover advocates, uncover social influence, track sentiment in multiple languages and more – empowering marketers to make better business decisions based on social media data
55% of the Fortune 100, and leading brands including Air Canada, Carnival Cruise Lines, Ford, Hewlett Packard, Southwest Airlines and Unilever are turning connections into customers for life with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, the industry’s #1 social marketing suite
NEW YORK – CLOUDFORCE 2012 – Oct. 19, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/), today announced new next generation social analytics for the Marketing Cloud. With the expanded Marketing Cloud ecosystem, which now includes 20 industry leading social analytics vendors, companies are able to make better business decisions based on the massive amounts of social media data created every day, all from a single dashboard.
Comments on the news:
• “150 million social conversations are happening every day, and now companies are truly able to take social insight and turn it into action by focusing on the conversations that matter,” said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com. “Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s new social analytics help brands discern signal from noise to deliver real business value.”
• “Social media has a growing impact on our B2B marketing practices at CA Technologies,” said Michelle Accardi, vice president of Internet Marketing, CA Technologies. “Salesforce Marketing Cloud allows us to go beyond listening to proactively engaging with customers. With the social intelligence provided by insights, now we can quickly distinguish which social posts ask questions, express a need or problem and identify our brand champions and act on that information.”
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Unlocking the Value of Social Media
IDC reports that spending on social networking is up 47 percent, the highest growth in spending for any technology category. A 2012 IBM CEO study reveals that social will become one of the top two ways companies can engage customers at the expense of traditional methods. And according to a University of California at Berkeley study, social media users create enough data every day to equal the print collection of the U.S. Library of Congress, the world’s largest library.
Today, companies are looking for ways to tap into the value of social media data. In fact, a recent McKinsey Global Institute report states that companies that rely on brand recognition can increase margins by as much as 60 percent by using social technologies to connect with customers and to generate sharper consumer insights. The Marketing Cloud is the most comprehensive social marketing suite that enables companies to manage social listening, content, engagement, advertising and measurement all in one place.
New Salesforce Marketing Cloud Analytics Drive Business Results
The expanded Marketing Cloud ecosystem brings together 20 of the industry’s leading social analytics vendors to help companies accelerate their shift from passive social listening to driving real business results, turning insights into action. Now, Marketing Cloud customers can access sophisticated analytics that enable them to identify sales leads, discover advocates, detect trends for any topic or keyword, uncover social influence and analyze content in 17 languages. In a few clicks, companies can select multiple analytics services to create a dashboard that delivers a single social snapshot of their company using the analytics that are most valuable to their specific business.
The Marketing Cloud ecosystem includes partners Bitext, Calais, Caterva, Clarabridge Link, EpiAnalytics, Kanjoya, Klout, Kred, LeadSift, Lexalytics, LinguaSys, Lymbix, Metavana, OpenAmplify, PeekAnalytics, Rapleaf, Solariat, Soshio, The SelfService Company and Trendspottr.
Deploying the Marketing Cloud has Never Been Easier, Introducing New Flexible Pricing Model
The new Marketing Cloud credits-based pricing model is designed to offer companies an easy and flexible way to pilot, purchase and combine social analytics offerings from 20 partners.
• Generally available today, the Marketing Cloud basic edition includes social listening, content, engagement, advertising, workflow, automation and measurement and starts at $5,000 per month, which includes 1,000 partner credits.
• Additional blocks of 10,000 credits can be purchased for $100 per month.
• Marketing Cloud social analytics from partners as add-on packages are now available in the Marketing Cloud dashboard.
Customer Success with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Today, 55 percent of the Fortune 100 are using the Marketing Cloud. Progressive companies such as Air Canada, Carnival Cruise Lines, Ford, Hewlett Packard, Southwest Airlines and Unilever are leveraging the industry’s #1 social marketing suite to transform their marketing for the social era and make better business decisions.
• Free event pass for Cloudforce New York available now: http://bit.ly/SmiOGA
• Watch the keynote on Salesforce Live: www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @salesforce and @MarketingCloud on Twitter and use the #cloudforce hashtag to join the conversation
• Find more information on Salesforce Marketing Cloud at: www.salesforce.com/marketingcloud
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.