Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers
In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps
Partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange
Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way
NEW YORK—Jan. 8, 2014—Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced soaring adoption of Salesforce1 as companies move to the social, mobile and connected cloud. Salesforce1 is the new social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies sell, service and market for the Internet of Customers. In its first month, the integrated experience of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform drove a 96 percent increase in Salesforce1 mobile app active users and a 46 percent increase in active users of custom mobile apps . In addition, partner apps built and optimized for the Salesforce1 Customer Platform have already doubled since its launch, and more than 250 partners have committed to delivering new Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange. Companies such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1 to connect to customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
• “Salesforce1 is experiencing unprecedented adoption as companies unlock completely new ways to connect with their customers in today’s social, mobile, cloud and connected world,” said Alex Dayon, president, Applications and Platform, salesforce.com.
• “Design Within Reach is driven by the needs of our customers, and Salesforce1 enables us to build more meaningful relationships with them,” said John McPhee, COO, Design Within Reach. “Design is at the center of everything we do, whether it’s our products and catalogues or the technologies we use to deliver that amazing personalized customer experience. Salesforce1 gives us a single modern customer platform to run our business, enabling our designers to collaborate on ideas and our reps to delight customers from anywhere.”
• "DocuSign for Salesforce1 creates new opportunities for DocuSign customers to extend the value of Salesforce by delivering apps and data in a single place where everything is connected in the context of the customer," said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign. "As the global standard for eSignature, DocuSign for Salesforce1 brings our powerful and easy-to-use eSignature solution to more customers globally so they can close deals faster in the cloud and in person from the convenience of their mobile device."
• "Salesforce.com’s strategy is for Salesforce1 to fuel ‘a golden age in enterprise apps’ by acting as a platform upon which both enterprise customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) can develop and run new apps that are fully integrated into the Salesforce user experience. This heralds a new platform-as-a-service era for enterprise applications...Cloud service platforms will drive an even bigger revolution in enterprise IT as we all try to make sense of the opportunities created by tens of billions of connected devices, thousands of apps, and the customers and citizens that own and use them."—Dr. Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director IT, Ovum
New Salesforce1—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things—from smartphones and wearables to jet engines and ultrasound machines. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. Welcome to the Internet of Customers—a revolution where companies will connect every employee, partner, product, app and device to their customer using the power of social, mobile and cloud. Customers have never been so close, and companies must be prepared to sell, service and market to them anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Salesforce1 is the next generation social, mobile and cloud platform for this new connected world—the first customer platform built to transform the world’s #1 sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 delivers all the speed, agility and power of Salesforce, re-engineered for the needs of today’s connected business. With 10X more APIs and services, companies can also build and customize the next generation of connected apps faster than ever before using the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. By connecting and customizing everything—every app, every device, every customer data source, every experience—companies can sell, service and market to customers in a whole new way.
Demand for Social, Mobile and More Connected Experiences Triggers Rapid Salesforce1 Adoption
With the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, companies love the modern, integrated experience that allows them to unlock new ways to build meaningful relationships with their customers.
• The Customer Platform has been completely re-engineered to make every previous Salesforce investment that companies have made future-proof, so every existing custom app, CRM customization and partner app is now available to employees through a modern mobile interface.
• And with more than 10 million Visualforce pages and custom actions now mobile-enabled, admins are making Salesforce1 even more valuable by combining fields, objects and even other services into pages, components and apps that run within Salesforce1.
• With radically more APIs and services, developers can create, connect and deploy next generation mobile apps faster than ever to bridge the “app gap,” enabling them to focus on growth and innovation instead of investing in legacy infrastructure and long, complex development cycles. Custom Salesforce1 apps deliver personalized experiences, connect to any device and any customer information source, and can be built in a fraction of the time compared to legacy platforms.
Employees love how the Salesforce1 Customer Platform puts their entire business into a single user experience, and have flocked to the new Salesforce1 Mobile App in its first month of availability. In November 2013, the Salesforce1 Customer Platform generated a 96 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce1 mobile app. The Salesforce1 Customer Platform also drove a 46 percent month-over-month increase in monthly active users of the Salesforce Mobile SDK in November, as companies immediately began leveraging custom apps built on the world’s #1 cloud platform.
Partners Harness the Salesforce1 Customer Platform to Transform Disruptive Ideas into Successful Apps
Salesforce1 has also ignited a new generation of enterprise apps from the salesforce.com partner ecosystem. Salesforce1 apps on the Salesforce1 AppExchange have already doubled since the launch of the customer platform, and more than 250 partners have now committed to delivering entirely new Salesforce1 apps, including major partners such as DocuSign, Dropbox, Evernote, Infor and LinkedIn. Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, partners can build custom apps, from accounting to contract management to ERP, faster than ever before and bring the most important data into the central feed of Salesforce. And customers benefit from access to the largest ecosystem of social, mobile and connected cloud apps, instantly available on any device, to run their entire business on Salesforce1.
Leading Companies Run Their Business on Salesforce1
Leading companies, such as Design Within Reach, Fisher & Paykel and Valspar run their business on Salesforce1. Companies now have a powerful mobile platform through which they can access and manage their entire business from anywhere, completely personalize their experience and supercharge app development. Companies can also customize Salesforce and partner apps in entirely new ways to meet the specific needs of their company.
• Salesforce1 Sales Cloud enables sales reps to approve a quote, create a contact, update an opportunity or create a custom action from any device, at any time.
• Salesforce1 Service Cloud empowers companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience—making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.
• Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives marketers the power to listen to and engage their customers, or create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time, delivering 1:1 marketing from any device, at any time.
• Salesforce1 AppExchange provides ISVs with a marketplace to build, market and distribute next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com’s own apps.
Pricing and Availability
• Salesforce1 Customer Platform is now generally available and included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce Platform.
• Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
• Salesforce1 Admin App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
• Get more information on Salesforce1 at http://www.salesforce.com/ca/salesforce1
• Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
• Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.