Salesforce Empowers Customer Trailblazers With the Next Generation of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform
Breakthrough innovations in the world’s #1 CRM deliver new levels of productivity, intelligence, speed, mobility and connectivity
SAN FRANCISCO—DREAMFORCE 2016 —Oct. 4, 2016—Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, today kicked off Dreamforce 2016 and introduced the next generation of its Customer Success Platform. With eight clouds that span sales, service, marketing, commerce, communities, analytics, IoT and app development, all on a single trusted cloud platform, Salesforce is transforming the relationships companies have with their customers. And today, the company is creating a new path forward for customers with breakthrough innovations such as Quip to supercharge productivity; Salesforce Einstein to make every customer interaction smarter; and advancements in the Salesforce1 Mobile App, Salesforce Platform and IoT Cloud.
"At Dreamforce, Salesforce is unveiling unprecedented innovation that is paving the path forward for our Customer Trailblazers,” said Alex Dayon, President and Chief Product Officer, Salesforce. “By delivering new levels of intelligence, speed, mobility, productivity and connectivity across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, we're empowering companies to get closer to their customers and achieve entirely new levels of success."
Quip: Supercharging Productivity with Living Documents
Quip extends the power of Salesforce with a next-generation productivity solution designed for teams, empowering everyone to collaborate more effectively, work smarter and supercharge their productivity, all without email. Quip combines documents, spreadsheets, task lists and team chat in one seamless experience known as a “living document.” Built with a mobile-first strategy, teams can collaborate around customers from anywhere using capabilities such as live editing, notifications, comments and chat. Today, Salesforce is announcing:
• Sign-In with Salesforce allows Salesforce users to sign-up and log into Quip with their existing Salesforce credentials.
• Quip Lightning Component will enable teams to link, access and create Quip documents, spreadsheets and task lists directly from within Salesforce, allowing users to find and collaborate on living documents within the context of their businesses. For example, a sales rep will be able to quickly create a task list within an opportunity record to make sure the team is aligned on the final steps necessary to close the deal. In addition, because Lightning Components can be used within any custom app, admins and developers will be able to extend Quip’s productivity benefits directly into the heart of any app.
• Salesforce Rich Mentions will empower users to display Salesforce data and account records as rich mentions in Quip documents. Because mentions will automatically update as they change in Salesforce, sales, service and marketing teams can improve collaboration and boost productivity. For example, a Quip living document that serves as the weekly meeting agenda for a regional sales team can include the latest Salesforce data on closed deals and open opportunities.
Salesforce1 Mobile App: Everyone Can Run Their Businesses From Their Phones
With more than 1.5 million mobile monthly active users, Salesforce puts the power of CRM right in the palm of every customer’s hands, enabling everyone to run their businesses from their phones. Salesforce1 brings together all the functionality of Salesforce—CRM data and business processes, Chatter, custom apps, partner apps and more—into a unified modern mobile experience. No matter where they are, Salesforce users can instantly access and update Salesforce, collaborate with colleagues, get real-time updates, manage calendars and deliver dynamic dashboards and reports. New innovations in the Salesforce1 Mobile App announced today include:
• My Salesforce1 will make it easy for Salesforce customers to brand their Salesforce1 apps, and list them independently in mobile app stores. By bringing their unique look-and-feel into the mobile app experience, customers will be able to accelerate adoption and extend the power of Salesforce1 to more employees and use cases, making it the go-to mobile business app for any company.
• Salesforce1 Forecasting will give sales leaders a top-down view of their businesses, making it easy for them to manage their forecasts on-the-go. Executives and sales managers will be able to view and sort by forecast category to see how their teams are performing against quotas in real time, from any device.
Salesforce Einstein: Artificial Intelligence for Everyone
Salesforce Einstein will embed artificial intelligence in the Salesforce Platform, making Salesforce the world’s smartest CRM. Einstein will empower every Salesforce user to get closer to their customers, automatically discovering relevant insights, predicting future behavior, proactively recommending best next actions and even automating tasks. With advanced AI capabilities for sales, service, marketing, commerce and more, Einstein will act as everyone’s very own data scientist.
• Einstein can leverage the data in Salesforce—customer data; activity data from Chatter, email, calendar and ecommerce; social data streams such as tweets and images; and even IoT signals—from participating customers to train predictive models.
• AI predictive models can be customized automatically for individual customers. These models learn, self-tune and get smarter based on every relevant interaction and additional piece of data.
• Everyone will be able to build AI-powered apps with the tools that millions of developers already use every day. With a few clicks, admins will be able to include Einstein-powered fields in any object, page layout or workflow, making every business process smarter. And data scientists and coders will be able to leverage Predictive Vision and Sentiment Services to train deep learning models to recognize and classify images and sentiment in text.
Salesforce Platform: Go Faster with Lightning
The Salesforce Platform is the world's most trusted cloud platform for building enterprise apps—powering Salesforce’s own CRM apps, 3,000+ partner-built apps and more than 5.5 million custom apps built by customers. By combining customer data and business logic with modern tools and frameworks, companies can leverage the Salesforce Platform and Lightning Design System to build apps quickly. And with the introduction of Salesforce Lightning—a modern framework that combines an intuitive user experience, component-based builder and thriving ecosystem—companies can move even faster. More than 100,000 customers have already deployed Lightning and are using the 1,000+ Lightning Components from the Salesforce ecosystem to customize their experiences. New innovations in Salesforce Lightning will include:
• Lightning Bolt, a new framework within the Salesforce Platform, accelerates any company’s ability to turbocharge the creation of a new community, next-generation portal or customer-facing website that seamlessly integrates with Salesforce CRM in a fraction of the time and with far less investment than previously required. More than 10 partners, including Cognizant, Deloitte and PwC, have already built new Lightning Bolt solutions for industry specific communities, portals and more, including B2B e-commerce for manufacturing, PRM for high tech and franchise management for retail.
• Enhanced Productivity Features, including a new horizontal navigation bar and redesigned App Launcher make it easier to toggle between apps; and adaptive, live search makes Salesforce more intuitive.
Thunder IoT Cloud: Transforming Connected Devices Into Engaging Customer Experiences
IoT Cloud empowers businesses to connect data from the Internet of Things to records in Salesforce, enriching it with context and making customer data actionable. Today, companies such as Emerson and KUKA are using Salesforce IoT Cloud, powered by Thunder—a massively scalable, modern data processing engine—to ingest billions of events from connected devices and trigger personalized engagements with customers. New innovations in IoT Cloud will include:
• New IoT Profiles will bring together critical data sources in real-time, including streaming event data from connected devices and contextual data from Salesforce, such as service history or open opportunities. When combined, companies can create rules that trigger meaningful customer experiences. For example, streaming data from a robot on a factory floor will be able to send an alert indicating a robot’s arm is out of position. Combining this data with service-level agreement information in Salesforce, the robot manufacturer can decide whether to dispatch an agent immediately or schedule maintenance at a later date.
• New IoT Traffic Monitor will provide a real-time dashboard that empowers businesses to visualize the state of connected devices in relation to the customer experience. For example, a solar company will be able to visualize the various states of solar panels—from unregistered to installed to wattage generated—to validate that panels have been installed correctly or fix issues before a customer even knows there is a problem.
Comment on the News:
“We believe that all products should be connectable and that the information generated by every one of our products can be leveraged to serve our customers better," said Hervé Coureil, CIO at Schneider Electric. “With the convergence of IoT, big data, analytics and artificial intelligence, there’s a huge opportunity for us to close the loop between products, the information they’re generating and customer processes—and we see the Salesforce Customer Success Platform as a fundamental piece that will allow us to bring this all together. This data-driven customer experience fuels our vision for everyone on our planet to have access to safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable energy.”
Pricing and Availability
• Pricing for each feature in the next generation of the Customer Success Platform will be announced as it is made generally available.
• Quip Sign In with Salesforce is available today at no extra cost to users. The Quip Lightning Component and Integration will be available in the first half of 2017.
• New Einstein features are being developed for every Salesforce Cloud. Many new Salesforce Einstein features will be available at an additional charge. Others will be included as part of existing licenses and editions.
• My Salesforce1 is currently in pilot with select customers and expected to be generally available in the second half of 2017 at an additional charge.
• Salesforce1 Forecasting will be generally available for iOS in the October 2016 release for all Professional Edition and above customers. Support for Android will be added in mid-2017.
• The Lightning Bolt framework will be generally available in October 2016 as part of the Community Cloud license.
• New navigation menu, search innovations and app launcher will be generally available in October 2016 in Salesforce Lightning editions at no additional cost.
• IoT Profiles and IoT Traffic Monitor are expected to be generally available in 2017.
• Learn more about the next generation of Salesforce at Dreamforce 2016. Watch live at http://dreamforce.com
• Start exploring the Customer Success Platform via Trailhead today: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/
Connect with Salesforce
• Like Salesforce on Facebook.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.