Salesforce Delivers Digital Advertising Innovations in Marketing Cloud with Leading Data Management Platform
SAN FRANCISCO—December 15, 2016—Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced new innovations to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud based on its recent acquisition of Krux, a leading data management platform (DMP). New improved cross-channel ad delivery management, the ability to power digital ads using any data in Salesforce and AI-powered Einstein Journey Insights dashboards enable marketers to segment and activate audiences like never before to deliver the right message at the right time on any channel.
The Connected Customer is Transforming Marketing
Legacy DMPs were built as web cookie collection and distribution platforms, simply associating a cookie with an audience segment and activating it for ad targeting. Yet, in a world in which customers’ attention has shifted from TVs and desktop computers to a variety of connected mobile devices, marketers need a more sophisticated DMP that can help them identify and engage customers and prospects in new ways. Today, DMPs must be able to ingest and analyze a large variety of disparate customer data, which can include data from multiple devices, CRM systems, email marketing campaigns, social networks, commerce and POS solutions and more.
This massive shift is creating new opportunities for companies in all industries to be even smarter about how they market to customers. In fact, Forrester estimates that in 2016 spending on data management platforms will total $896.6 million dollars, and will grow by a compound annual rate of 38.1% to total $4.5 billion in 2021 by broadening the user base from enterprise-level retailers, consumer marketers and publishers to include healthcare, insurance and other financial services companies.
Deliver Smarter Marketing At Scale With Salesforce Marketing Cloud
With the addition of Krux, Marketing Cloud has extended its audience segmentation and targeting capabilities to power precise digital marketing at scale. Now, marketers can capture data from any source, including existing customer data in Salesforce, to unify, segment, and activate audiences for smarter digital advertising. In addition, companies can leverage Marketing Cloud’s Einstein AI capabilities to process billions of profiles and trillions of customer engagement events to reveal new, high value segments.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud today announced new innovations, including:
● Cross-channel ad delivery management: Krux calculates the optimal ad frequency range for companies by testing and measuring the ads customers actually engage with and convert through. This empowers marketers to optimize advertising spend and ROI by delivering the right number of ads before campaigns become annoying or otherwise ineffective. For example, targeted ads delivered by an automotive company to prospective buyers will automatically cease when an optimal frequency has been reached.
● Digital advertising powered by any Salesforce data: Marketers now have the ability to power digital advertising across mobile devices and the web using data from anywhere within Salesforce, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Commerce Cloud and more. For example, an internet provider can now easily stop advertising to a customer who has an open customer service case. Or a retailer can use what they know about their most loyal customers to better target prospects where they don’t yet have a direct relationship, such as someone who viewed a video ad or clicked on a banner ad but then abandoned their shopping cart.
● Einstein Journey Insights: The new Journey Insights dashboard allows marketers to understand what events and in what sequence lead to the most efficient conversion path by using data science to analyze hundreds of millions of data points. For example, an e-commerce company might uncover that a video advertisement coupled with two display ads increases a customer’s likelihood to complete a transaction by a factor of two.
“Leading marketers understand that delivering relevant and valuable customer experiences is their number one way to differentiate and drive growth,” said Bob Stutz, CEO, Marketing Cloud and Chief Analytics Officer, Salesforce. “By bringing together Krux's leading data management platform with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, we’re uniquely empowering marketers to get smarter about their customers across any device or channel.”
"In 2017, marketers will integrate DMPs across their entire martech stack, providing better customer intelligence to drive decisioning from top to bottom in their marketing portfolio,” wrote Melissa Parrish, Sarah Sikowitz, and Susan Bidel of Forrester in a recent report . “Forward-leaning companies will connect this marketing brain to their enterprise CRM systems to drive better customer experiences."
"Krux has enabled Conagra to move from a ‘one consumer, one message’ approach in our marketing to a dynamic targeted approach that allows us to test and learn what messages and strategies are resonating best with consumers in time to optimize our investments,” said Heather Dumford, Marketing Director, Conagra Brands. “This approach has shown strong results and is now an integral part of our marketing.”
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Enables Brands to Deliver Smarter 1-to-1 Customer Journeys
Salesforce Marketing Cloud empowers marketers in all industries to leverage meaningful customer and prospect data, build personalized customer journeys at scale and drive business performance. And with Einstein, marketers can predict the best audience, content, channel, and send-time for every customer interaction — and recommend the best offer — all automatically. On a monthly basis, Krux interacts with more than three billion browsers and devices, supports more than 200 billion data collection events, processes more than five billion CRM records, and orchestrates more than 200 billion personalized consumer experiences. Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s scalable infrastructure, paired with these new artificial intelligence and cross-device identity management capabilities make it uniquely positioned to empower companies to deliver a consistent brand experience throughout the customer journey.
Leading brands, including Anheuser-Busch InBev, ConAgra and JetBlue use Marketing Cloud to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
Pricing & Availability
● Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Krux are both generally available today.
● New Krux innovations cross-channel ad delivery management, digital advertising powered by any Salesforce data and Journey Insights are all generally available today.
● Learn more about Salesforce Marketing Cloud at https://www.salesforce.com/ca/products/marketing-cloud/overview/
● Start exploring Marketing Cloud with Trailhead: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/module/mrkt_cloud_basics
Connect with Salesforce
● Like Salesforce and Marketing Cloud on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforceCA and http://www.facebook.com/marketingcloud.
● Follow @salesforce and @marketingcloud on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforceCA and http://www.twitter.com/marketingcloud.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2016 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.