This site serves to provide key information about our corporate governance policies. These policies provide a framework for the proper operation of our company, consistent with our shareholders' best interests and the requirements of the law.
Salesforce.com is deeply committed to exercising our oversight responsibilities throughout the company, managing our affairs consistent with the highest principles of business ethics, and exceeding the corporate governance requirements of both federal law and the NYSE. With all diligence, we've taken these steps to fulfill this commitment:
- A majority of our Board members are independent of salesforce.com and its management
- All members of our key Board committees — the Audit Committee, the Compensation Committee, and the Nomination and Governance Committee — are independent
- We have a clear code of business conduct and corporate governance monitored by our ethics office and annually affirmed by all of our employees
- The charters of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities
- Our internal audit control function maintains critical oversight over the key areas of our business and financial processes and controls and reports directly to our Audit Committee