Salesforce.com Receives Intelligent Enterprise 2010 Editor’s Choice Award for Fifth Consecutive Year
Company listed as one of “The Dozen” most influential vendors of 2010 for the second consecutive year
Company recognized for the fast growth of the Service Cloud and the Force.com platform’s benefits for customers and ISV partners
SAN FRANCISCO – April 30, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced that it has received the 2010 Editors' Choice Award from InformationWeek Business Technology Network’s Intelligent Enterprise. This is the fifth consecutive year that salesforce.com has received the award, which recognizes companies for exceptional vision, innovation and leadership. The company was also listed as part of “The Dozen" for the second consecutive year along with Amazon, Google, IBM, Microsoft and Oracle, which is a list of elite companies that will matter most to intelligent enterprises in 2010.
According to Intelligent Enterprise, “salesforce.com extended its dominance in the software-as-a-service (SaaS) space in 2009 by moving into complementary applications. Service Cloud 2 is the company's fastest growing product, netting more than 8,000 customers in little more than a year. On the platform side, Force.com isn't just a means for customers to extend and customize sales and service applications. It's a boon to the company's huge and growing list of ISV technology partners.”
Comments on the News:
• “It’s an honor to once again be recognized by Intelligent Enterprise as one of the influential vendors of the year for intelligent enterprises,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com. “We are especially honored to be recognized for two of our most important endeavors: The rapid growth of the Service Cloud and for the success of the Force.com platform in helping both our customers and ISV partners extend their businesses.”
• "Intelligent enterprises aren't just surviving in challenging times, they are optimizing, innovating and thriving with the help of the technology and service providers highlighted in this year's Editors' Choice awards," said Intelligent Enterprise Editor in Chief, Doug Henschen.
About the Award:
• In its eleventh year, the Intelligent Enterprise Editors' Choice Awards guide enterprise IT professionals to technology providers that lead the way in innovation and business optimization.
• The selection process involved a tremendous amount of research and assessment of the past year's coverage and reader feedback by the Intelligent Enterprise editorial staff.
• A complete list of this year's honorees is available at http://intelligent-enterprise.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222900034.
• For more information on the Service Cloud, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/servicecloud2
• For more information on the Force.com platform, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/platform/
• Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.