AWPRx Moves Workers’ Compensation Pharmacy Management to the Cloud with Salesforce.com
Pharmacy benefit management services provider moves operations to the cloud saving over $100,000 annually on data center and infrastructure costs
Deploys Salesforce Chatter to every employee – promoting collaboration
SAN FRANCISCO – August 31, 2010 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the success of AWPRx in moving its pharmacy benefit management services, for the workers' compensation industry, to the cloud. AWPRx deployed Sales Cloud 2, Chatter and multiple custom apps built on the Force.com platform across its entire organization in order to run its business operations in the cloud, generating savings on data center and infrastructure costs, and a greater focus on customers without having to worry about administration, maintenance or upgrades.
AWPRx helps more than 95 percent of the nation's pharmacies fill prescriptions and manage claims online for workers' compensation beneficiaries on behalf of insurance carriers and third-party administrators. They were looking for a new system to replace their complex homegrown solution that could be quickly deployed and easily extended over time. In addition, AWPRx wanted employees to easily collaborate and share information on claimants, clients, vendors and regulatory organizations.
AWPRx Deploys Salesforce.com Cloud Computing Applications to Every Employee
Every employee at AWPRx is using cloud computing applications from salesforce.com, including Sales Cloud 2, Salesforce Chatter and custom applications built on the Force.com platform.
• AWPRx built several custom applications on Force.com including:
o Client protocols – (FORCERx) Houses business rules for each client activity and process.
o Finance – Manages pharmacy remittance and client invoicing.
o Risk and compliance – Tracks workers comp fee schedules by state and ensures compliance regulatory agencies.
o Human resources – Tracks attendance, punctuality and performance along with employee benefits, paid time off, reviews, and training programs.
• AWPRx replaced their corporate Web site with one built on Force.com Sites, allowing customers and employees to login to their portals.
• AWPRx implemented a customized partner portal for more than 200 clients and vendors to access consumer pre-authorization and reimbursement information.
• The company also customized its implementation with a number of applications from AppExchange 2, including Jigsaw to feed lead sources into its Salesforce CRM system, Vertical Response for e-mail marketing, and Jitterbit for integration with Amazon Web Services.
• With its recent deployment of Chatter, employees have a new way to collaborate and keep up to date on project status and activities companywide.
Cloud Computing Delivers Cost and Time Savings for AWPRx
• With its operations now in the cloud, AWPRx is saving over $100,000 annually on data center and infrastructure costs. The team no longer worries about administration, maintenance, and upgrades, and is able to have a greater focus on customers.
• AWPRx has greater reliability and scalability along with improved visibility to the effectiveness of lead-gen activities – leads can now be tracked all the way through the pipeline.
• With Force.com, non-technical staff can help design custom applications—including page layouts and report customization—so tools better address business needs.
Comments on the News
• “Salesforce CRM and the custom applications we’ve built with Force.com have helped us move our entire business to the cloud," said Jay Roy, CEO of AWPRx. “With Chatter we are only at the beginning of what we see as endless possibilities to grow our business in what is a very competitive market.”
• For more on AWPRx’s story, visit http://www.salesforce.com/customers/insurance/awprx.jsp
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.