Salesforce.com Announces Cloudforce New York, the Largest Social Enterprise Event on the East Coast
Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff to deliver keynote on the shift to the social enterprise
Just announced: Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts will join Benioff on stage to share Burberry’s social enterprise strategy
More than 10,000 people expected to register November 30th event at Javits Convention Center to learn how they can transform their companies into social enterprises
Free event pass now available – everyone can come hear from industry leaders like Google and LinkedIn, experience 100 demos in the cloud expo and connect with experts and peers during more than 20 breakout sessions
SAN FRANCISCO – Nov. 23, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing) company, today announced Cloudforce New York, the largest social enterprise event on the East Coast, held Nov. 30 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will deliver the keynote on the shift to the social enterprise and will be joined on stage by Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts. More than 10,000 people are expected to register and learn how they can transform their companies into social enterprises with social, mobile and open cloud computing. Free registration for the event is available at http://on.fb.me/qThdOo, or you can watch the keynote and join the conversation with Salesforce Live! which begins at 9:30 a.m. ET at www.facebook.com/salesforce. Immediately following the keynote, Benioff will host a media Q&A session at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, which will be audiocast live at www.salesforce.com/investor.
Comments on the News
• “The social revolution cannot be stopped,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “The industry shift to the social enterprise is accelerating with more than 10,000 people expected to register for Cloudforce New York.”
A social revolution is taking place today. The number of social networking users has surpassed e-mail users. Nearly a quarter of all time spent online is spent on social networks like Facebook. People access the Internet more from mobile devices than from desktops. Salesforce.com is helping companies meet the challenge of this social revolution with its social enterprise strategy. Today, companies must change the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees to stay competitive. By leveraging salesforce.com’s social, mobile and open cloud technologies, companies can transform themselves into social enterprises by developing social profiles of customers, creating employee social networks and building customer and product social networks.
Welcome to the Social Enterprise
Attendees will be able to extend their social enterprise success by participating in more than 20 sessions led by industry experts including speakers from Google and LinkedIn to learn how social and mobile technology can impact their business. In addition, attendees are invited to experience the 100 live demos in the cloud expo that will showcase the solutions of the largest cloud ecosystem ever gathered on the East Coast.
Bringing Integrated Philanthropy to Cloudforce New York
Salesforce.com integrates philanthropy into everything it does, including events. Attendees are invited to volunteer onsite with planned activities from Playworks, a Salesforce.com Foundation customer and grant beneficiary that is dedicated to support learning by providing safe, healthy and inclusive play and physical activity to schools throughout the school day. The onsite volunteer activities include:
• 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Letter Writing to help students develop their writing skills and penmanship while also helping them learn to express their inner voice.
• 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Backpack Build to help local children achieve their educational goals by building backpacks for students that are filled with resources such as pencils, folders and dictionaries.
• Free event pass available now on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/qThdOo
• Watch the keynote on Salesforce Live! www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and use the #cloudforce hashtag to join the conversation
• Suggested tweet: Join the #socialenterprise movement! Register for #Cloudforce NY on 11/30. FREE passes now available! http://on.fb.me/qThdOo
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.