Salesforce.com Increases Investment in Canada with Plans to Open New Data Centres in the Country
Leading Canadian companies BRP and Manulife turn to salesforce.com to help transform their businesses
Company accelerates leadership position as the #1 market share leader in the CRM software market in Canada based on total software revenue for 2013 according to Gartner
Demand for cloud technologies driving soaring growth of Canadian partner ecosystem
Salesforce1 World Tour, Toronto, — June 25, 2014 - Salesforce.com, the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced it is increasing its investment in Canada with plans to open two new data centres in the country as demand for cloud computing grows. At the Salesforce1 World Tour Toronto, the largest cloud computing event in Canada, the company announced that leading Canadian brands including BRP and Manulife are turning to salesforce.com to help drive their business success and customer engagement. Strong customer momentum has accelerated the company’s leadership position in Canada — salesforce.com is the #1 market share leader in the CRM software market in Canada based on total software revenue for 2013 according to Gartner — and has driven soaring growth of its Canadian partner ecosystem.
Comments on the News
● “Canada is a critical part of our global strategy and our plans for Canadian data centres reflect that,” said Mike Rosenbaum, EVP, Platform for salesforce.com. “This increased commitment reflects the fact that more and more leading Canadian companies are turning to salesforce.com to connect with their customers in a whole new way.”
● “Canadian customers and partners are unlocking greater levels of growth, innovation and success than ever before with salesforce.com,” said Renny Monaghan, VP of Marketing, Canada for salesforce.com. “Leading Canadian brands are increasingly seeing the power of Salesforce and how we can help them transform themselves and their industries.”
● "Salesforce has helped us re-imagine how to delight our consumers through key moments in our consumer experience journey, from the very first time customers find us online, to the way in which we engage them at our dealerships, to how we sell, deliver and service vehicles, and finally how we connect everyone in a community," said Chris Dawson, Vice-President and General Manager, Global Sales and Consumer Experience Division for BRP. "With Salesforce, we’re able to do things today that we could only dream of a few years ago.”
Plans for Canadian Data Centres
Building on salesforce.com’s longstanding commitment to Canada, and with increasing demand from Canadian companies of all sizes, salesforce.com plans to open two new data centres in the country. The data centres will support the company’s cloud computing services across its growing customer base in Canada.
Strong Customer Momentum Makes Company #1 Market Share Leader
Salesforce.com’s market leadership reflects the consistent innovation and success the company is delivering to its Canadian customers. Salesforce.com is the fastest growing top 10 software company in the world and the #1 market share leader in the CRM software market in Canada based on total software revenue for 2013 according to Gartner.
Salesforce.com is delivering best-in-class cloud, social and mobile solutions to leading Canadian companies including BRP and Manulife. BRP, one of the world’s leading powersports manufacturers, is reinventing their customer journey with Salesforce and delighting consumers across multiple touchpoints. Salesforce.com is helping Manulife, a leading global financial services company, connect with its broker network and customers in brand new ways to foster deeper connections across all of Manulife’s brand channels, including mobile and social media.
Demand for Cloud Driving Soaring Growth of Canadian Partner Ecosystem
With increasing demand for cloud computing, salesforce.com’s Canadian partner ecosystem is growing quickly, with more than 20 independent software vendors (ISVs) in Canada, including Aria Solutions and Vidyard, building, marketing and distributing next generation business apps on the same cutting-edge customer platform that powers salesforce.com’s own apps. With the recent launch of Salesforce Wear, the industry's first initiative for wearable enterprise computing, globally-recognized Canadian wearables companies, Thalmic Labs and Bionym, are also partnering with salesforce.com to enable developers to build exciting new enterprise wearable apps.
About Salesforce1 World Tour Toronto
The Salesforce1 World Tour Toronto is salesforce.com’s premier event in Canada. Bringing together experts, partners and customers, salesforce.com will demonstrate how companies can connect with their customers, employees, partners and products and leverage the power of Salesforce1, the world's most trusted cloud platform, to connect with their customers in a whole new way. With keynotes from salesforce.com executives that showcase cutting-edge technology, topical and lively panel discussions, specialized breakout sessions, live demos, and inspiring customer stories, attendees will learn how to transform how they sell, service, market and engage for the Internet of Customers. For more information on the Salesforce1 World Tour Toronto: http://www.salesforce.com/ca/events
● Registration for the event is available at https://www.salesforce.com/events/details/sf1wt14-tor/
● Follow @Salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation at #Salesforce1tour
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.