Heroku Announces General Availability of Performance Dynos in Europe
Heroku Shows Momentum in European Market with New Performance Tools to Support Enterprise-Class Applications at Scale
European-based customers like Severn Trent Water, Toyota Motor Europe and TV4 use Heroku to build sophisticated applications to connect with their customers worldwide
SAN FRANCISCO—Dec. 4, 2014—Heroku, a salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) company and industry pioneer in cloud application development, today announced the general availability of Performance Dynos in Europe, furthering its commitment to the European market by providing customers with new performance features to support enterprise-class applications at scale.
Heroku’s EU-based Performance Dynos broaden the options available to European customers who choose to run applications from a European data center, reducing latencies for international end users and improving application response time.
Comments on the News:
• “As Heroku continues to deliver the highest quality products and services for European customers, we’ve found ourselves moving more and more of our apps onto the platform,” said Per Åström, Head of Innovation at TV4. “We're especially pleased that we can run our apps in Europe with higher performance, and still have the same trust and features as the US-based service.”
• "European enterprises, consumer brands and start-ups are seeing the same kind of demand and growth in their digital businesses as their US counterparts," said Adam Gross, VP of product at Heroku. “Bringing our Performance Dyno technology to this market will give European-based customers the infrastructure to seamlessly meet this demand with simplicity, speed and success.”
• “According to Ovum’s ICT Enterprise Insights 2014/15 survey, a sizeable 34% of organizations in Western Europe and an impressive 49% of them in Eastern Europe (Incl. Russia) intend to increase PaaS spending,” said Laurent Lachal, senior analyst, Ovum.
Performance Dynos: High Flexibility and Consistency for Large-Scale, High-Performance Customer-Facing Apps
The availability of Performance Dynos in Europe provides companies with the flexibility to build and run large-scale, high-performance apps. Containing 12 times the memory of a single Heroku Dyno—a lightweight container for running a single web or app process—and more compute resources, apps running on Performance Dynos can have significantly faster and more consistent response times.
Companies who choose to deploy their apps to Heroku’s Europe-based servers could experience up to 100ms per request or more performance improvement versus deploying to US-based servers.
Providing the European Region with Enterprise-Grade Performance, Speed and Workflow for Unprecedented Customer Experiences
In 2014, the number of apps built on Heroku in Europe increased by nearly 180%. To support this tremendous customer adoption, Heroku has tripled its European employee base, added a new option to deploy apps to servers located within the European region, and delivered new performance tools with the general availability of Performance Dynos in Europe.
Because apps can now run on infrastructure dedicated to each region while being managed by the same unified Heroku interface, European companies can now run enterprise-class apps at scale while providing powerful app management with isolated and geolocated infrastructure. And with more than 110 Add-ons available on Heroku in the European region, Heroku provides companies with the tools to provide the best application experience possible.
Pricing and availability:
• Pricing for the Heroku Performance Dynos are based on resources and usage.
• Learn more about the new Heroku’s international availability at https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/regions
• Follow @Heroku and @Salesforce on Twitter
• Like the Heroku and Salesforce on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Heroku & www.facebook.com/salesforce
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.