Salesforce.com receives CRM honour at the Software Satisfaction Awards 2011
Salesforce.com voted winner of Enterprise CRM and Customer Management category by end users
Achievement brings Software Satisfaction Awards tally to seven in six years
LONDON, Oct. 24, 2011 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, has won a top award at this year’s Software Satisfaction Awards. Based on end user votes, salesforce.com was recognised as the winner in the Enterprise CRM and Customer Management category.
Hosted by Sift Media, in partnership with Intellect, the Software Satisfaction Awards aim to recognise and reward excellence in the business software industry, while acting as a guide for businesses making the decision to purchase new applications. This year saw a record 10,000 end users complete the survey to highlight how IT has transformed their business.
Comments on the News:
• “Salesforce.com is honoured to receive an award that is based on the success of our customers here in the UK,” said Tim Barker, vice president of EMEA strategy, salesforce.com. “This achievement is more evidence that customers are embracing our social enterprise vision and seeing value from our social, mobile and open cloud technologies.”
• "The Software Satisfaction Awards provide an independent, user-voted benchmark for levels of performance and service from vendors, and act as a valuable guide for businesses looking to purchase the very best applications,” said Stuart Lauchlan, head of publishing (editorial) at Sift Media and editor of BusinessCloud9.com. “Cloud applications have now well and truly entered the mainstream of business computing and salesforce.com's win in the Enterprise CRM category emphasises the approval and adoption of the Cloud model by end users across a wide variety of industries."
Salesforce.com and the Software Satisfaction Awards
• Salesforce.com has now won seven Software Satisfaction Awards since it began in 2006, having picked up honours in categories including SME CRM Software of the Year, Enterprise CRM Software of the Year, Contact Centre Software of the Year and Software Vendor of the Year.
• The award was presented by former director of communications for Tony Blair at Downing Street, Alastair Campbell, at a ceremony at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square hotel last week.
About the awards
Now in their 6th year, in 2011 the Software Satisfaction Awards are run in partnership with Sift Media and Intellect, the trade association for the UK’s technology industries.
Based on the views of genuine buyers and end users of business software applications, the Awards aim to recognise and reward excellence in the business software industry, and also to act as a valuable guide for any business taking the decision to purchase new software applications.
About Sift Media
Sift Media is a leading business-to-business publisher specialising in online, interactive professional communities. With a range of services including websites, email publications, industry awards and events, Sift Media delivers original, branded content to over half a million professionals in accounting and finance, HR and training, IT, marketing, public sector, customer management and knowledge management.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
• Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce
• To learn more about the Software Satisfaction Awards, check their website http://www.softwaresatisfaction.co.uk/
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/eu/, or call 00800 7253 3333.