Salesforce Unveils the Next Wave of Salesforce Analytics Cloud—Delivering Actionable Insights Across the Customer Success Platform
New Wave Actions will empower Salesforce users to take actions directly at the point of insight
From Lightning Reports & Dashboards to the Wave Platform, Salesforce will deliver Wave visualizations across the entire Customer Success Platform
New Wave Analytics Apps from leading ISVs, including Apttus, FinancialForce.com, SteelBrick and Vlocity, will extend the power of Wave Analytics to even more line of business users and industries
Data-driven companies, including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Syngenta and Verizon, are transforming customer interactions with insights from the Salesforce Analytics Cloud
SAN FRANCISCO—Sept. 14, 2015—Salesforce [NYSE: CRM], the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today unveiled the next generation of Salesforce Analytics Cloud, delivering actionable intelligence across the Customer Success Platform. New Wave Actions will enable Salesforce users to take actions directly at the point of insight from within any Wave Analytics dashboard. In addition, Salesforce will deliver Wave visualizations across the entire Customer Success Platform. And, new Wave Analytics Apps built by leading ISVs will extend the power of Wave Analytics to more line of business users and industries.
Introducing Wave Actions—Now Analytics Is Connected to Every Business Action
The next wave of Analytics Cloud innovations seamlessly connect insights and business actions to deliver a whole new level of customer success. While legacy analytics solutions are disconnected from the business processes and workflows that drive businesses forward, Wave Actions will empower Salesforce users to act upon deep insights instantly, directly within any Wave Analytics dashboard. Companies are able to create a menu of custom Wave Actions—such as create a case, update an account or assign a task. And because Wave is natively integrated with Salesforce, Wave Actions will be automatically pushed from Wave into the corresponding Salesforce record. For example, when a sales manager drills into her custom Wave Analytics dashboard and discovers a customer attrition pattern within specific accounts, she can instantly assign a task to a rep directly from the app, addressing the problem from the point of insight.
Salesforce Delivers Wave Visualizations Across the Entire Customer Success Platform
On-premise analytics software and niche visualization tools deliver static, outdated reports and often have complicated graphical interfaces with steep learning curves—separating business users from the insights they need. And since companies are forced to deploy point solutions for different analytics needs, business users lack consistent user experiences for visualization and exploration. This makes finding insights a slow and unintuitive process. Now, Wave visualizations will power every Salesforce data exploration experience across the Customer Success Platform:
• New Lightning Reports & Dashboards, powered by Wave Visualizations: Reports & Dashboards are built into Salesforce and have always delivered operational CRM performance metrics, such as team performance, lead volume, conversation rates and more, all in real-time. Now, with Wave visualizations those metrics will be brought to life through a new, intuitive experience for designing and editing dashboards, including resizing and rearranging components and running reports. And with a diverse charting library and the ability to modify and filter reports on the fly, charts and data will instantly update so Salesforce users always have the most relevant, real-time insights.
• New Wave Embedded Dashboards: Wave Analytics Apps deliver dashboards with multi-dimensional analytics for deeper insights, extending beyond operational CRM performance metrics to examine year-over-year trending and complex KPIs from a variety of data sources. Now companies can embed any Wave dashboard or chart directly into any Salesforce record or object, empowering Salesforce users with critical and contextual insights instantly, without having to leave an existing workflow. For example, after getting real-time operational insights into current closed deals and performance against quota, a sales manager would turn to a Wave Analytics dashboard to do a full pipeline analysis and determine whether she needs to reset forecasts or identify which deals need to be accelerated to hit key targets.
Leading ISVs to Showcase New Pilot Wave Analytics Apps at Dreamforce 2015—Opening Up a New World of Insights for Every Business User
The Wave Analytics Platform was designed from the ground up to be open, making it easy to build and deploy analytics apps faster than ever. More than 80 companies have joined the Wave partner ecosystem to extend the power of analytics to every business need, and at Dreamforce 2015, 13 leading ISVs will showcase new pilot Wave Analytics Apps that enable users to not only uncover insight, but also take instant action. Apps will include:
• Apttus Quote-to-Cash Intelligence: Surfaces deeper, more actionable insights on quoting, contract and customer data, enabling sales teams to meet and beat their revenue-related targets.
• FinancialForce ERP Wave Apps: Incorporates and analyzes financial and supply chain performance data, allowing business users to gain valuable insight on the entire customer journey and improve the way they run their business.
• SteelBrick Analytics: Provides executive leaders across organizations with immediate visibility and insights into the full customer life cycle--from quotes through contracts, orders, revenue and cash--all in one system.
• Vlocity Communications Cloud Analytics: Allows communications companies to make more data-driven decisions and improve customer satisfaction by measuring and predicting churn, identifying call-time inefficiencies, analyzing service histories and propensity to purchase.
The Wave Analytics Platform Accelerates the Pace of Analytics Innovation
These latest advancements cap a year of innovation for the Analytics Cloud. Wave is built on Salesforce’s trusted, multi-tenant and scalable architecture and delivers the same pace of continuous innovation as the rest of the Customer Success Platform—a departure from the slow drip of innovation that has plagued analytics for two decades. In fact, Analytics Cloud has already delivered a series of significant advancements in its inaugural year, including a new generation of role-specific analytics apps (Sales Wave and Service Wave Analytics), expanded mobile functionality (Analytics Cloud for Apple Watch and Wave Mobile Connector and Dashboard Designer) and expanded use cases for new data sources (Salesforce Wave for Big Data).
Pricing and Availability
• Wave Analytics Platform is generally available today.
• Wave Actions is expected to be generally available in October 2015, and will be included with any Wave Analytics Platform license.
• Lightning Reports & Dashboards, powered by Wave Visualizations, is part of the new Lightning Experience for Sales Cloud, which is currently available in preview today and is expected to be generally available in October 2015 at no additional cost to Sales Cloud users.
• Wave Embedded Dashboards is generally available today and will be included with any Wave license.
• Sales Wave Analytics App is currently in pilot with select customers and is expected to be generally available in English in October 2015. Service Wave Analytics App is currently in pilot with select customers and expected to be generally available in English in early 2016. Additional language support is forthcoming for both apps, which will be available via a per user, per month subscription model; pricing will be announced at the time of general availability. A Wave Platform license is not required for either app.
• All Wave Analytics Apps are also natively available on Apple iOS for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, with additional device support forthcoming.
• Learn more about the Salesforce Analytics Cloud at http://www.salesforce.com/analytics-cloud/
• A free playground version of the Salesforce Analytics Cloud is available today for the desktop at https://www.salesforce.com/analytics-playground, and also on the Salesforce Analytics mobile app for Apple iOS for iPhone and iPad, available for download at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforce-analytics/id916982402?mt=8
• Learn more about Sales Wave Analytics at http://www.salesforce.com/analytics-cloud/sales-wave/overview/
• Learn more about Service Wave Analytics at http://www.salesforce.com/analytics-cloud/service-wave/overview/
Connect with Salesforce
• Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce.
• Follow @salesforce and @salesforcewave on Twitter.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/eu/, or call 00800 7253 3333.