About the Salesforce MVP™ Program
This program recognizes exceptional individuals within the Salesforce community for their leadership, knowledge, and ongoing contributions. These individuals represent the spirit of the community and what it is all about! Read on to find out more about what we’re looking for in an MVP—and what’s in it for them.
Characteristics of an MVP:
Key characteristics of an outstanding MVP candidate include:
- Accessibility – Participating in the community at least 9 days per month, either on success.salesforce.com or through social channels (e.g., Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Expertise – Having a strong understanding of the product and the needs of the community
- Responsive – Responding regularly to questions and contributing to the knowledge of the community
- Leadership – Representing the spirit of the community and bringing the voice of the customer back to salesforce.com
- Advocacy – Being a brand advocate for the product and jumping in to defend the company when necessary
Rewards for being an MVP:
The program seeks to boost the influence of the MVPs, both within the community and with their peers.
- Highlighted achievements on our blog and at Salesforce Events
- An accolade for their resume and elevated status on the community
- Invitations to speaking opportunities at Dreamforce and other events
- Access to Salesforce Executives at exclusive MVP networking events
- Special briefings with members of our product and marketing teams
- MVP networking events with Salesforce executives
- A Rickshaw laptop bag which is unique gift all our MVPs receive
MVP Program Details
We’ll be rewarding a new set of MVPs with each seasonal release. The selection will be based on an evaluation of the previous year’s online and offline activities. Chosen MVPs will hold the Salesforce MVP status for the period of 1 year—depending on their contributions during that time, this status will be extended.
Please click for the official terms of the Salesforce MVP™ Program.