Collaborate with your deal team
Chatter helps you and your colleagues (or customers) share information, files, and have discussions in the context of opportunities, contacts, accounts, or in groups created for a particular topic.
Collaborating in Chatter helps your team get organized, share information, collaborate on documents, and work more productively to get things done and deals closed. Chatter posts in an opportunity provide a convenient way to track all of the conversations for the deal in one place.
Step One: Create an Opportunity
- Select the Opportunitiestab, then click New
- In the opportunity form, create an opportunity name and associate it with the relevant account. Enter relevant deal information such as close date, current stage, probability, amount, lead source, and any other info important to the deal
- When you are done, click Save
Step Two: Create another User
- To add a new user, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Salesforce window, then click on Setup
- In the Administrative Setup section along the left hand navigation of this page, choose Manage Users, then the sub-option Users
- Click on the New User button
- Fill in the details, and choose a profile for the user:
- Standard Users can create accounts and contacts, log activities, and run reports
- System Administrators can do all that as well as add fields and delete all the data in your application
- Salesforce will automatically send that person an email with their user name and a link to set their password
- When the new user logs in, they can join the conversation on the deal by going to the opportunity record and clicking on the follow link.
Step Four: Collaborate!
- Go to the opportunityrecord and post comments, files, or links to share with the people following the opportunity
- To share a file, go to the opportunitypage, and click on the Attach File link. Choose a file, then enter a comment to be shared along with the file
- Select Share to upload the file and comments. Now the file is viewable by people in the deal, and they can provide feedback or commentary on the file
- You can return to the file overview page any time to see comments specific to the file, upload new versions, or change its sharing settings by going to the Files tab and selecting the file