Convert the lead to an account
When a potential deal emerges from a lead you’ve been working on, you can convert the lead to create an account, a contact, and an opportunity record.
The opportunity record helps you set the deal size, stage, and timing, making it easier to track in your sales funnel. It also helps you manage all of your deal closing activitiesl in one convenient place. The account record tracks all of this information across all opportunities over time.
- To convert a lead, go to the Leads tab and click on the lead you want to convert
- On the lead detail page, click on the Convert button
- Enter a name for the opportunity
- Create a follow-up Task to keep the opportunity active. You can also set the Priority of the opportunity and set the Status for your pipeline
- When you are done, click Convert to finish
- This will take you to the Account Summary page, where you can see your contact details, the opportunity, and the follow-up task you created
- From this page, you can choose to Edit the account detail and add more information to help you with the deal