Invite a customer to collaborate
Customer Groups make it easy to collaborate with customers in a private and secure space. Answer questions, share information, and keep deals moving.
By providing a convenient place to interact with customers, you eliminate the hassle and waste of scheduling calls, finding the right expertise in your company, and looping in people via confusing email threads.
Step One: Enable Customer Invitations
- To enable customer invitations, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Salesforce window, then click on Setup
- On the left-hand side navigation, choose App Setup > Customize > Chatter > Settings
- On the Chatter Settings page, click Edit
- In the Coworker Invitations section, enter your company’s email domain name (eg: yourcompany.com)
- In the Customer Invitations section, click the checkbox Allow Customer Invitations
Step Two: Create a Group
- To create a group, go to the Chatter tab, and select Groups on the left-side navigation
- Click on the New Group button in the middle of the page
- Enter a name for the group and a description, and choose private group access to limit access to the members of the group only.
- Click the Allow Customers button to enable customer access to this group.
- When you are done, click Save
Step Three: Invite users to the group
- To add users to the group, go to the group’s home page (you are directed there automatically when you first create the group)
- For internal members, select Add Members in the Members section along the right hand side of the page, then choose one or more members for the group and click Done
- For customer invites, select Invite People in the Members section and then enter email addresses separated by commas for people you’d like to invite to the group, along with an optional message.
- Click Send. They will receive an email with instructions on how to join the group.
Step Four: Collaborate!
- To get to the group page, go to the Chatter tab and choose Groups, then choose the group from the list. Now, you can post comments, files, or links to share with the members of the group.
- To share a file, go to the group page, and click on the Attach File link. Choose a file, then enter a comment to be shared along with the file
- Select Share to upload the file and comments. Now the file is viewable by people in the group (including customers!), and they can provide feedback or commentary on the file
- You can return to the file overview page any time to see comments specific to the file, upload new versions, or change its sharing settings by going to the Files tab and selecting the file