The Power of Us
The Salesforce.com Foundation was created to apply the core strengths of salesforce.com to help organizations further their social mission, deepen their impact, and better the lives of those in need. The Foundation has offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Dublin, Singapore, and Tokyo.
This global vision is based on a unique 1/1/1 integrated philanthropy model:
- 1% Time: Empowering employees to devote time, experience, and passion to community engagement
- 1% Product: Donating and discounting salesforce.com solutions to nonprofit organizations
- 1% Equity: Awarding grants to nonprofits with innovative projects that have the potential for replication
We call this the power of us.
Salesforce.com employees are encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community. The Foundation facilitates community engagement through volunteer opportunities and programs around the world.
Volunteer activities include:
- Feeding the homeless
- Tutoring kids
- Participating in community beautification and restoration projects
- Lending Salesforce expertise to nonprofits
- Assisting with disaster relief Much more
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Putting Salesforce into the hands of qualified nonprofits and educators allows social change organizations to focus more time on their missions and less time dealing with technology infrastructure. By giving 10 donated licenses of Salesforce Nonprofit Edition and a further 80% discount on additional licenses and services, salesforce.com is revolutionizing the ability of social change organizations to achieve their mission.
More than 4,000 worldwide social change organizations use Salesforce for:
- Constituent relationship management
- Fund-raising efforts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Program delivery
Upon the Foundation’s inception, 1% of salesforce.com’s equity was donated to fund it. The Foundation offers two global, annual grant rounds to evaluate proposals for innovative and creative projects that result in a measurable impact on the applicant’s social mission and the greater social sector. The Foundation is committed to fostering the understanding of technology through youth scholarship programs as well as with our signature BizAcademy program.
In addition, three types of employee-inspired grants are given by the Foundation:
- Community Action Team Grants
- Dollars for Doers
- Matching Grants