• Asia Pacific Quarterly Revenue Up 55% Year-Over-Year; 400+ Net New Customers in Quarter
• Chairman & CEO Marc Benioff to Speak at Cloudforce 2 Singapore on Tuesday, May 25; Live Videocast Available at http://www.salesforce.com/ap/live
SINGAPORE, 24 May 2010 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced significant growth in its Asia Pacific business, reporting that quarterly revenue in the region grew 55% year-over-year. The company added more than 400 net new customers in the region during its first quarter fiscal year 2011, ended April 30, 2010. This brings its total customer base to more than 7,400 organisations in the region, a 32% growth in customer base year-over-year.
“Asia Pacific continues to be the fastest growth region for salesforce.com worldwide,” salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff said.
“Every single day, more and more businesses are placing their bets on salesforce.com and moving to the cloud,” said Lindsey Armstrong, Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific & Japan, salesforce.com. “Analysts are telling us that salesforce.com is growing faster than its top two competitors in this region, and I think the reason is simple: companies now expect more from their IT investments.
“Cloud computing is proven to deliver enterprise-class IT using a much more cost-effective and innovative model. That’s why salesforce.com is gaining market share at the expense of traditional software vendors,” Armstrong added.
Salesforce.com Asia Pacific Business Accelerates in All Segments
• Salesforce.com is the leading multi-category, multi-application enterprise cloud computing company.
• In Q1FY11, leading businesses in Asia Pacific have adopted or expanded implementations of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud or Custom Cloud, including: Baldor Electric (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Catcha Corp (Malaysia), ECCOM Network System Co., Ltd (China), Ego Pharmaceutical (Australia), Manipal K12 (India), Sovereign (New Zealand), Microland Limited (India), and Milestone Group (Australia).
• Salesforce.com First Quarter Fiscal Year 2011 Results
• Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce or @salesforceAPAC