Salesforce Rypple will enable companies to engage and align people across the employee social network
Salesforce Site.com empowers marketers to deliver fresh content and a consistent brand experience across public social networks
Now the social enterprise reaches every employee and every customer
SAN FRANCISCO - CLOUDFORCE 2012 - March 15, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/), today announced Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Site.com - two new products that extend the social enterprise to reach every employee and every customer. The next generation of the social enterprise leverages salesforce.com’s social, mobile and open cloud technologies to develop social profiles of customers, create employee and customer social networks, and connect with public social networks. Salesforce Rypple will enable companies to engage and align people and teams with social performance management, extending the employee social network to reach every employee. New Salesforce Site.com delivers a consistent brand experience to every customer by empowering marketers to deliver fresh, relevant content across websites, portals, landing pages and public social networks. Now companies can transform the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with employees and customers to stay competitive in today’s social world.
Comments on the News
● “Salesforce.com is seeing unstoppable demand for the social enterprise as companies see their customers and employees become more social and mobile by the day,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “With Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Site.com, we’re excited that companies will now be able to extend their social enterprise to reach every employee and every customer.”
Salesforce Rypple - Social Performance Management for Every Employee
The way people work has changed. It’s less hierarchical, and more social and collaborative.
But the tools to manage people and process at work were designed before the age of social and mobile cloud computing. They automate antiquated processes, and don’t enable companies to transparently manage performance across an employee social network.
Social enterprises and progressive HR leaders are embracing Salesforce Rypple, which focuses on the inherently social nature of performance management. Salesforce Rypple allows companies to engage and align every employee -- to set goals, manage objectives, and provide feedback and recognition -- all from within their employee social network. Designed for users, Salesforce Rypple thoughtfully incorporates badges and other social gaming concepts to keep them engaged.
Thousands of companies including Facebook, LivingSocial and Spotify are already using Salesforce Rypple’s web-based social performance management apps to liberate performance management from a once-a-year, top-down process and integrate them into daily work, where they can finally make a meaningful impact on performance.
The Employee Social Network Transforms with Salesforce Rypple
Today, just six weeks after closing its acquisition of Salesforce Rypple, salesforce.com is unveiling strategic integrations that will enable Salesforce customers to power the future of their employee social networks. Using cutting-edge employee feedback, companies will be able to better engage and align people with business goals. The integrations available will include:
● Salesforce Rypple for Salesforce: Salesforce customers will be able to motivate their teams by giving them Thanks directly from within Salesforce on leads, accounts and more. For example, a salesperson will be able to give Thanks to a customer service agent for providing great service to a customer, or a sales manager will be able to give Thanks to a sales rep for closing a deal. These Thanks will appear in a person’s Salesforce Chatter feed, providing managers and peers with visibility into achievements in real-time. In addition, all recognition a person receives will become part of their social profile in Salesforce, allowing people to build their reputation at work and colleagues to identify experts.
● Salesforce Rypple for Chatter: Managers and teams will be able to create custom badges to recognize team and individual achievements. Appearing in the Chatter feed, others can see, comment on, or ‘like’ them. Whether finance awards a team for coming in under budget or an engineer is recognized for a critical new development, the combination of Salesforce Rypple and Chatter will help break down departmental silos and provide management with visibility into key contributions -- all in the employee social network.
Salesforce Site.com - Delivering a Consistent Brand Experience to Every Customer
With the tremendous adoption of public social networks and mobile devices, marketing organizations must engage consumers in entirely new ways. Customers and prospects are turned off by stale and static websites, and expect fresh and relevant content to be delivered across each channel. But companies still rely upon outdated Web infrastructure, created before the advent of Facebook, Twitter and the iPad. And the lack of consistency across websites and public social networks weakens the brand experience.
Salesforce Site.com changes the game and allows marketers to operate at the speed of social. Salesforce Site.com is the world’s first and only cloud content management system built for the social enterprise, allowing marketers to quickly and easily deliver a consistent brand experience to their customers and prospects. Not only does it provide a comprehensive studio and visual tools, Salesforce Site.com allows users to create content once and publish it in seconds across a company’s corporate sites, landing pages and to public social networks. Providing marketers with the ability to dynamically style their data, Salesforce Site.com also allows users to seamlessly embed rich media — including videos, images, social widgets and more.
Salesforce Site.com integrates into existing Salesforce environments including Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com custom apps and the underlying common Database.com. This allows enterprise users to leverage all of the information available within Salesforce to deliver an optimal website experience.
Today leading brands such as FICO, The Häagen-Dazs Shoppe Company and Hewlett-Packard are already publishing sites using Salesforce Site.com.
Publishing at the Speed of Social Across Public Social Networks with Salesforce Site.com
Salesforce.com is launching Salesforce Site.com with powerful, new innovations, enabling companies to connect with every customer on websites and public social networks with a consistent brand, including:
● Template Driven Sites: Template driven styling ensures the brand experience is consistent across websites and public social networks, including Facebook. By making it easy to update styling in one place, Salesforce Site.com allows marketers to be agile and consistent.
● Drag-and-Drop Forms: With dynamic data-binding, Salesforce Site.com turns sites into highly scalable marketing machines, with drag and drop forms and data driven pages that are seamlessly integrated to Force.com and all Salesforce data.
● Built-in Collaboration with Chatter: Salesforce Site.com users can now easily connect with R&D, sales, Web developers and even external entities such as creative agencies and design firms using Chatter. Open collaboration through the content development process makes it easier than ever to ensure the right message is delivered.
● Multi-language: Salesforce Site.com makes it easy to localize and publish websites and content on an integrated content delivery network. Marketers can now scale their message globally, in multiple languages.
Pricing and Availability
● Salesforce Rypple is generally available today. Pricing starts at $5 USD, per user, per month.
● The Salesforce Rypple integration for Salesforce is scheduled to be generally available in April 2012 at no additional cost for paying Rypple customers. Customers will be able to install the app from the AppExchange.
● Salesforce Site.com is generally available today.
● Salesforce Site.com charges per site and per website developer user. The price of a site is $1,500 USD per month. Salesforce Site.com can be purchased stand-alone or added to existing salesforce.com installations.
● Publisher and contributor users are an additional $125 USD and $20 USD, respectively, per month.
● From today through April 30, 2012, customers can take advantage of a special Salesforce Site.com promotion that includes two publishers, two contributors and one published site at the price of $825 USD, per month.
● Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
● For more information about Salesforce Rypple, please visit www.rypple.com.
● For more information about Salesforce Site.com, please visit www.site.com.
● Interested in joining one of the best places to work? Check out our recruiting page: www.salesforce.com/dreamjob.
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
● Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
● Join us today for Cloudforce San Francisco. Register to attend or join us virtually on Salesforce Live!: www.facebook.com/salesforce
● A community of good people doing great things: The Salesforce.com Foundation: http://www.salesforcefoundation.org.