Communications service providers face the challenge of continuously delivering powerful customer experiences while managing their costs. Once they unlock their data, they need to know what to do with it within the context of the work they’re already doing. To achieve this delicate balance, intelligent, built-in analytics informs decision making and removes guesswork.
AI analyses data and makes predictions based on customer behaviours and preferences. Providers can take these insights and deliver a seamless customer experience, increase employee productivity, and reduce the cost to serve. This enables sales and service agents to answer questions like:
- What is the health of my pipeline?
- Is there an upsell opportunity in the quotes already presented to the customer?
- Which quotes need attention so I can fulfill my quota?
- What should I focus on to improve my productivity?
At the same time, service agents need to understand the following:
- What is the sentiment of the customer I’m interacting with?
- Can I anticipate the customer’s request? How can I provide answers in a timely manner?
- Is the customer at risk of walking away?
- Is a retention offer appropriate at this time?
Communications service providers can also identify the drivers of customer churn, evaluate call-handling metrics, and measure the performance of different call scripts and agent teams — reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction scores. In fact, 64% of companies that have fully embraced AI report more efficient operations and increased productivity as a benefit.