Salesforce.com Empowers Customer Companies to Go Mobile - Unveils New Service Cloud Mobile As First Solution
Following the Salesforce Touch and Touch Platform breakthroughs of 2012, salesforce.com introduces Service Cloud Mobile, the first in a series of new solutions to transform customer companies for the mobile era
Service Cloud Mobile to deliver industry’s first mobile co-browsing, mobile
communities, mobile chat and touch-based agent interface technologies designed
for customer service on any device
Salesforce.com doubles down on mobile for 2013, embarks on a year of major innovations to enable customer companies to sell, service and market to their customers anywhere
NEW YORK – Feb. 26, 2013 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled the first in a series of new solutions to empower customer companies to transform for the mobile era. With the new Salesforce Service Cloud Mobile, companies can now deliver breakthrough customer service anytime and on any device. Service Cloud Mobile delivers the industry’s first mobile co-browsing, mobile communities, mobile chat and touch-based agent interface technologies, all designed for customer service in the cloud.
Comments on the News:
• “Salesforce.com is doubling down on mobile,” said Alex Bard, SVP and GM of Service Cloud, salesforce.com. “The first in a series of innovations we’ll deliver this year, Service Cloud Mobile is helping customer companies transform the way they deliver customer service for the mobile era.”
• “Mobile creates an opportunity for NJ TRANSIT to make new connections with our customers while empowering them with access to real-time information to take control of their journey,” said Anthony Grieco, senior director of customer service and transit information, NJ TRANSIT, New Jersey's public transportation organization. “Using Salesforce, we are able to quickly connect with our customers on mobile devices to deliver great customer service and empower our agents to improve customer response times and overall customer satisfaction.”
• “We are constantly evolving our communication model so we can connect with our customers in the ways that are most relevant to them,” said Tim Spong, director of safety, security and risk, Chipotle. “With more than 1,300 restaurants and counting, we’re rapidly growing and we want each customer to know they’re important. Salesforce helps us personalize their experiences and focus on creating relationships with them—that’s always our top priority.”
Transforming Customer Companies for the Mobile World
With more people and devices connected to the network than ever before, companies have an enormous opportunity to reinvent how they engage with customers in today’s mobile world. Companies can connect to their customers in a whole new way, to become what salesforce.com calls customer companies. By connecting everything—customers, employees, partners and products—customer companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate.
Building on the success of Salesforce Touch, which brings Salesforce Sales Cloud to any mobile device, and the Salesforce Touch Platform, which allows developers to write custom mobile apps once and then deploy them to any device, salesforce.com is today announcing Service Cloud Mobile. Salesforce.com continues to deliver on its commitment to empower customers to “Go Mobile” with new innovations like these that enable companies to listen to every customer, engage on every channel and deliver great customer service on any device.
New Service Cloud Mobile Delivers Innovations for Mobile Customer Service
The mobile revolution has created a generation of customers who expect more when engaging with companies. Today's always-connected consumer expects instant answers to questions and instant assistance when needed. Yet, most companies are not set up to address these expectations. Legacy call center software systems were designed for the era of landlines. Companies must become customer companies and transform their customer service to meet customers in the mobile era—wherever they are, on any device.
Today, salesforce.com is announcing Service Cloud Mobile with new innovations including:
• Breakthrough Co-Browsing Delivers Hands-On Customer Service via Any Device - With new breakthrough co-browsing technology, companies can deliver agent-guided assistance to customers on mobile devices via any web browser. Through a shared web experience, co-browsing will allow service agents to easily guide customers through complex forms or transactions, set up accounts or resolve issues without the need to download any software. This will allow companies to deliver faster, more personalized customer service.
• Mobile Service Cloud Communities Provide Instant Access to Knowledge and Experts - New mobile Service Cloud Communities delivers the next generation portal, completely optimized for mobile devices. These branded mobile communities enable companies to provide a single destination for customers to quickly and easily find answers to questions via self-service, peers or company experts. Customers can instantly resolve issues on the go, no longer wasting time searching through dozens of potential online help destinations.
• Mobile Chat Empowers Real-Time Customer Engagement Anywhere - With new Service Cloud mobile chat, customers can instantly chat with a live service agent to quickly resolve issues as they happen. As easy as SMS texting, companies can now deliver amazing service to their mobile customers.
• Service Cloud Touch Encourages Engagement with Customers from Any Location - Optimized for mobile devices, Service Cloud Touch empowers a company’s service agents to easily manage and resolve cases on the go with an Amazon Kindle, Android device, iPad or iPhone. No longer tethered to a desk, service agents can deliver amazing customer service from any location.
Extending Salesforce Service Cloud Leadership
Deployed by more than 34,000 customers including Chipotle, GE and NJ TRANSIT, Service Cloud is the #1 customer service solution that connects companies with their customers in entirely new ways. Companies who have deployed the Service Cloud have seen an average 37 percent decrease in first call resolution time, an average 36 percent decrease in support costs, an average 36 percent increase in agent productivity, and an average 34 percent increase in customer satisfaction, according to a recent third party research report sponsored by salesforce.com.
Pricing and Availability
• Co-browsing is currently scheduled to be generally available in the second half of 2013. Pricing for co-browsing will be announced at general availability.
• Mobile Service Cloud Communities is generally available today at no additional cost for Service Cloud Enterprise and Unlimited Edition customers.
• Service Cloud mobile chat is generally available today. It is priced at $50 per user per month for Service Cloud Enterprise and Unlimited Edition customers.
• Service Cloud Touch is generally available today and is included in all Service Cloud editions.
• Tune into Salesforce Live to watch Marc Benioff, salesforce.com chairman and CEO, deliver the customer company keynote on February 26 at 1:00 p.m. ET at www.salesforce.com/live.
• Like the Service Cloud on Facebook: http://facebook.com/servicecloud
• Like Desk.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/desk
• Read more about the Service Cloud news on the salesforce.com blog
• Learn more about the Service Cloud: http://www.salesforce.com/service-cloud/overview/
• Follow @Desk and @Salesforce on Twitter
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Salesforce.com’s social and mobile cloud technologies enable companies to transform into customer companies by connecting with their customers, employees, partners and products in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's apps and platform revolutionize the way companies sell, service, market and innovate.
• Grow your business with the #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
• Deliver amazing customer service with the #1 service app, Salesforce Service Cloud
• Listen, engage, advertise and measure social marketing with the #1 social marketing app, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Build and deliver social and mobile apps with the Salesforce Platform, and extend success with the world’s leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE
Copyright © 2013 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/au/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/au/, or call 1800 667 638 (Australia) or 0800 450 064 (New Zealand).