Salesforce Files Connect centralizes file sharing, allowing users to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository, all from a single user interface
For the first time ever, external files, including from Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business, can be natively embedded into Salesforce business processes
SAN FRANCISCO—Dec. 17, 2014—Salesforce [NYSE: CRM], the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced new Salesforce Files Connect, a centralized, universal file-sharing solution for the enterprise. With this file sharing solution, Salesforce is the first company to combine CRM and native file integration with the most popular enterprise file repositories, allowing users to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository, all from a single user interface. Salesforce Files Connect will first natively integrate files from Microsoft OneDrive for Business and SharePoint into Salesforce, and connectors for additional popular enterprise repositories will be added over the coming months, including support for Google Drive.
Comments on the News
● “With Salesforce Files Connect, we're redefining file sharing to provide a simple, single point of access to multiple file repositories,” said Nasi Jazayeri, Executive Vice President of Community Cloud, Salesforce. “Salesforce is the first to offer universal file access that enables users to embed any file directly into business processes—no matter where that file resides.”
● “OneDrive for Business has become increasingly central to how people store, share and collaborate on documents at work, and we’re pleased to extend even more value to our customers by integrating with apps and services like Salesforce so they can be more productive,” said Chris Jones, Corporate Vice President, OneDrive and SharePoint, Microsoft.
● “Productivity relies on access to information, people and content as well as the collaboration of those people to gain context around process or decisions,” said Vanessa Thompson, Research Director, IDC. “Surfacing relevant content where work is being done is increasingly complex but essential for employee productivity.”
New Salesforce Files Connect Streamlines Workflows and Enhances Information-Sharing
According to IDC research , 36 percent of employees’ days are spent looking for and consolidating information, and 44 percent of the time employees can’t find the information they need to do their jobs. Because information is not centralized, 61 percent of employees typically access four or more systems to get the information they need to do their jobs.
Building on the success of Salesforce Files, Salesforce Files Connect will provide universal file sharing on the Salesforce1 Platform. Salesforce Files Connect saves time and allows users to easily reference external files within the flow of Salesforce business processes. For example, a sales rep can attach a presentation on OneDrive for Business to a lead residing in Salesforce, or a service rep can share an FAQ from SharePoint within a Service Cloud case.
Salesforce Files Connect enables universal file sharing so files are:
● Integrated: Federated search enables the user to quickly search all connected file repositories at once. Files can be connected to accounts, cases or any Salesforce object (including custom objects), placing critical information into the flow of business. Users no longer need to go to another location to find a file, save it locally and then re-upload to the cloud in order to share and collaborate on it;
● Social: Users can attach files to feeds, groups or business records, putting them in the context of relevant discussions, so other employees can discover and use them in Chatter and the Community Cloud;
● Mobile: Salesforce Files Connect increases the speed of business by allowing connected files to be instantly browsed, searched and shared anywhere, from any mobile device;
● Trusted: Salesforce Files Connect allows secure sharing by enforcing the existing access permissions of the original file.
Salesforce Files Connect API Enables Companies to Embed Universal File Access and Sharing Capabilities into Their Custom Apps
Partners and customers can now use the Salesforce Files Connect API to provide universal file access and sharing capabilities into any app built on the Salesforce1 Platform. For example, a manufacturer can build a custom app for distributors to share files such as product catalogs, training manuals and promotional materials that reside in multiple repositories.
Integration Marks Another Milestone in the Strategic Salesforce and Microsoft Partnership
The integration also marks another milestone in the strategic partnership between Salesforce and Microsoft, which was first announced in May 2014.
Pricing & Availability:
● Salesforce Files Connect for SharePoint 2010, 2013, and SharePoint Online is now generally available.
● Salesforce Files Connect for OneDrive for Business is expected to be generally available in February 2015.
● Pricing for Salesforce Files Connect for SharePoint 2010 and 2013 is $7 per user per month.
● Pricing for Salesforce Files Connect for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business is included with Salesforce Enterprise, Unlimited and Performance editions.
● Learn more about Salesforce Files: www.salesforce.com/files
● Learn more about Salesforce Files Connect: Demo Video
● Learn more about Salesforce and Microsoft’s partnership: http://www.salesforce.com/microsoft.com
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter
● Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce