Vocus Selects Salesforce to Drive Customer Experience Transformation
Fourth-largest telecommunications provider in Australia to set new industry benchmark in customer experience
Vocus will increase collaboration across sales, service, marketing and IT teams with the Salesforce Customer Success Platform
SYDNEY, Australia — 28 March 2017—Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today announced a multi-million dollar deal with Vocus, Australia’s fourth-largest telecommunications group, to transform the company’s customer experience and help it achieve its goal of being the most loved telco in Australia.
Vocus will roll out the Salesforce Customer Success Platform across its consumer and small business brands including dodo, iPrimus and Commander over a dedicated transition period. The rollout will include Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Analytics Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Community Cloud, as well as the Salesforce Platform.
The investment is part of the company’s broader ambition to transform its customer service and get closer to customers by providing a seamless, integrated and personalised experience. Vocus’ transition to Salesforce will provide them with a single 360° view of the customer and enable greater collaboration between its sales, service, marketing and IT teams. Salesforce will be used in the following ways:
• Service and support teams will deliver streamlined support
• Sales team will extract relevant, real-time data to assist with providing the right solution to the right customer
• Marketing team will create context-rich, value-add, 1-to-1 customer journeys
• IT team will be able to rapidly build, scale and deploy apps in a unified environment
As a result, Vocus customers will receive a fast, relevant and consistent experience every time they interact with the brand across any channel and any device, from its stores to online to its mobile app.
Commentary on the news
• Scott Carter, chief operating officer, Vocus, said: “Consumers are more empowered than ever in this mobile-first digital era, and we do not see this slowing down. They want to communicate on their terms wherever, whenever and however they want. Salesforce will enable us to not only keep pace with our customers but also deliver experiences beyond their expectations. We see Salesforce as playing a key role in delivering on our ambition of becoming Australia’s most loved telco.”
• Mark Innes, general manager and executive vice president, Salesforce APAC, said: “Salesforce is uniquely positioned to partner with leading Australian businesses to help them find new ways to deliver value to their customers. We are excited to be the transformation partner for Vocus as we unleash the power of the Salesforce Platform to bring together its sales, service, marketing and IT functions. Customer experience in the telecommunications sector is ripe for disruption, and we’re looking forward to working with Vocus to set a new benchmark for the industry.”
About Vocus (ASX: VOC): Vocus Communications is an ASX listed, vertically integrated telecommunications provider operating in the Australian and New Zealand markets. The Company owns an extensive national infrastructure network of metro and back haul fibre connecting all capital cities and most regional cities across Australia and New Zealand and directly connects more than 5,000 buildings. Vocus has an extensive portfolio of brands catering to both corporate, small business, government and residential customers across Australia and New Zealand. Vocus also operates in the wholesale market providing high performance, high availability and highly scalable communications solutions which allow service providers to quickly and easily deploy new services for their own customer base.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit:www.salesforce.com/au
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2017 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners