Customer Profile: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Airline carrier KLM operates worldwide, servicing more than 90 destinations. In April 2010, eruptions of Iceland’s Eyjafj allajökull volcano closed the airspace across much of Europe, causing the largest air-traffic shutdown since World War II.
KLM's call centres were overwhelmed, so the company began answering questions through Facebook and Twitter, using Salesforce Service Cloud for case management. Today, a team of more than 50 KLM social media agents working around the clock serves customers in six different languages.
"Premier+ Success helps us ensure that we meet our SLAs," says Robertjan Groenveld, Social Media Tooling Manager for KLM. "Social media is evolving quickly and we have to make quick adjustments to Salesforce, such as field changes and workflow rules, in order to keep up with their evolving APIs. If we don't do the adjustments right, it has a big impact on customer satisfaction."
KLM meets weekly with the Premier+ Success Customer Support Manager to discuss best practices that can be shared with agents. Excellent technical support has increased ROI and productivity significantly, and helped avoid issues before they occur. Says Groenveld, "With Premier+ Success, we derive the most value from Salesforce Service Cloud."
- Optimise social channels for customer service
- Maintain customer service level agreements
- Premier+ Success increases productivity for end users and IT staff, and drives business value
- Respond to thousands of tweets and Facebook posts daily
- Quickly adjust Service Cloud to evolving social media APIs
- Improved social media agent productivity and SLA compliance
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Fewer technical issues and rapid resolution times
View PDF of this story >