The Service Cloud Console is the flagship feature for the Service Cloud — it ties all of your customers’ information together on one screen so that your support agents can deliver superior service quickly, whether by email, phone, Web, or Web chat. Setting up a console is easy. But because there are many killer customizations that you can add to a console, you might wonder where you should start. Well, look no further.
The Service Cloud Console Implementation Guide provides you with an overview of the console, plus a video that shows you the console in action. It also includes a list of planning questions to help you get the most from a console, or multiple consoles. Some of the planning questions that you’ll find in the guide are:
- How do you want lists to display in a console?
- Do you want to add keyboard shortcuts to a console?
- Which fields do you want to highlight on records in a console?
- Do you want console users to access domains outside of Salesforce?
- Do you want to customize, extend, or integrate a console with other systems?
- Do you want relevant knowledge base articles to automatically appear alongside cases in the console?
Each planning question corresponds with a detailed description of console functionality, as well as a link to a step-by-step task that will help you complete your console setup. After you answer the questions in the guide, and become familiar with key console features, you’ll be on your way to providing your support agents with a tool that will help them close cases in record time.
Check out the many other implementation guides in the online help.