Spring ’13 release is just around the corner and it's a great one for our customers.
As a former customer myself, I
am most excited about a few real-world sales productivity boosters:
- Touch now features the app picker, so any apps: Sales, Service, and your
Custom Apps, show up in Touch
- The Salesforce Side Panel for Outlook will be going GA (generally available) – single click tagging
of emails into Salesforce, right from Outlook + single sign-on to Salesforce by
a simple click in Outlook. Whee!
- Force.com Canvas allows any app, written in any language, to run inside of
Salesforce. In Spring ‘13, Force.com Canvas apps can now be accessed via
- Sales Performance & Coaching from the Work.com team is really key to
anyone trying to drive sales process and top-line performance
- Marketing Cloud is introducing Social Action targeting, so you can target
social advertising based on actions users have taken
- Chatter search within a group lets you search the feed within that group
only, so you can find what you need
- Data.com now includes the full global Dun & Bradstreet file of over 200
million corporate entities – account planning aficionados, rejoice!
Glimpsing the Future
Spring ’13 also brings some really exciting new capabilities in beta:
- BETA State & Country data cleanup & picklists – huge on the
IdeaExchange, check it out here: http://youtu.be/osSN804ILlI
- BETA Sunlight Search – search across Salesforce and Sharepoint, right from
the global search in Salesforce
- BETA Touch for the iPhone – so excited to give everyone a great experience,
on any mobile device, and the phone beta is part of our fast path to that.
Let us know what you are excited about most in Spring ’13 – and check out the
release here. You can also visit out Trust site to see when the release will be available on your instance of Salesforce.