Pic Stitch - A Free Photo Editor
For many small businesses, keeping up with all of the latest tools and apps can be
tough. So, we'll make it a bit easier for you.
Here are 50 low-cost tools and applications to check out today.
The best part is
that many are completely free!
- Around Me - Search for the nearest restaurants, banks, gas stations, hotels, and more. Time is money and when travelling for business, this app will help.
- Award Wallet - Travel a lot for business and have too many reward programs to keep track of? Track it all and stay organized and in sync with your rewards.
- 1ShoppingCart - Build, sell and grow your ecommerce storefront. You can try out the tool for one month
at no cost.
- Beesy – This low cost app enables you to take
meeting notes and has automated To-Do lists as well as some nifty Task/Project
- Bizzabo – A mobile networking app for events and
conferences to keep attendees, organizers and sponsors engaged. You can learn who will be attending in
advance and make plans accordingly.
- Bump – This free app enables to smart phone
users to actually bump their phones together to transfer contact information,
photos, files, etc.
- Camera Awesome – The name alone is cool. This free app is touted as one of the
best photo editors. Even the Wall
Street Journal has endorsed it.
- Cloze – Overcome “inbox
overload” and filter through the noise to get to those critical emails.
- Converter Plus – This free app not only helps
you with currency conversion, but also comes with a mortgage calculator, fuel
consumption tools, and more.
- Dashlane - Need a password manager and
secure digital wallet for devices? This free app might be just what you are looking for.
- Dictionary.com – Need a dictionary and
thesaurus on the go? This free app
is the way to go. A bonus, you
don’t need internet while searching words!
- Doodle – This low cost app is a great
tool if you are in the position of setting up meetings with people in different
locations, businesses, etc. Doodle
app enables you to poll invitees to determine which date and time best
- Dropbox – Another great free app that
lets you store your files, including photos in the Cloud. Access them anywhere and share with
anyone. You will never have to
worry about forgetting a thumb drive again. Or, if you can’t make a meeting,
your colleague can access that all-important presentation and deliver it for
– Your free personal assistant that checks traffic before your commute, checks weather,
tracks packages, lets you know when there is an important date you need to
celebrate and more.
– Create your own free blog in minutes and leverage your other Google products
to help promote.
- Evernote – Another free app that enables
you take notes, make lists, sync files across devices and stores everything in
- Facebook Pages – Want to engage with
your customers, stakeholders and community in general? Set up a Facebook page to share
information and communicate real-time.
My iPhone – Not just for your iPhone, but really any Mac Product, this free app
is one that you want to have. If
you have ever lost your phone, you know the feeling of fear. Help mitigate loss with this app.
– Curate the news the way you like it in one place with this free app.
Guru – The winner of numerous Best Travel or Airport Apps, this freebee let’s
you view your Tripit and Kayak itineraries, view/post airport security waiting
times, see a structured list of airport food, shops, etc.
– Looking for free email, with real-time notifications, multiple account
support and more? Check out Gmail.
Docs – Want an easy way to share documents with colleagues and be able to edit
together simultaneously? With free Google docs you can be in one part of the
world while a colleague or client is in another sharing and updating the
Hangout – Can’t make the meeting? Use Google Hangout to meet with up to 10 different people while seeing
them online at no cost. Share
information, photos and more all from the convenience of your office, or even
- Looking for a social channel that is different and offers you the flexibility
of distribution lists (circles) magazine style viewing on your tablet? Check out Google+.
Translate – What a free and easy way to translate messages, signs or social
posts? Google translate offers
both text and audio translations.
– This free app enables you to take photos and video and then apply filters to
improve the product, which is perfect for blogs, websites, and more.
Wallet – Store digital copies of your credit cards, ID, etc. all for free in
– Looking for an industry leader in online backup? Mozy is a free app that
helps you securely access all your backed-up files
– Need to conduct video calls? Check out this free app and join ore than 70 million other video
Lite – Looking for a calculator that has more capability than the standard one
on your device. This free app
gives you a scientific calculator.
– Looking to make people picture perfect for your website, blog, etc. Perfect365 is a free app that offers
one-tap makeovers, photo editing and more.
Editor by Aviary – Another great free option to edit your online photos. Supported by multiple languages and
numerous devices, the reviews are good for this app.
Collage – Looking to dress up your photos for your website, blog, newsletter or
other collateral? Check out this
Stitch – Want a different photo editor? Pic Stitch is a free app that creates
App – Want an easy way to access your favorite Podcasts to stay up-to-date on
trends and news? Want to customize
your own station with your favorite podcasts? Check the free Podcasts app!
– Need to connect with a client or colleague and want to talk face-to-face? Or
perhaps SMS? Check out Skype’s
free tools. Upgrade to the paid
version and get more options.
– Looking for an easy way to compare flights and costs? Check out this free app! More than 20 million people are using
this app to get better and cheaper flights.
– Need a quick and easy way to process credit cards? Why not use your smart phone with this free app. They will even give you the free card
- Survey Monkey – Want to get the pulse of
your market or a sample at least? Try Survey Monkey. Create
you own surveys on your schedule. Their free version lets you create a survey with up to 10
– Need to keep all your travel plans in one place, plus share with key
people? Check out Tripit’s free
– Looking for a place to host your blog?
Tumblr may be your spot. This free resource hosts more than 108.2 million blogs.
– Want quick news bites and to share quick news bites about your company in 140
Characters or less? Set up your
free Twitter account.
Media – Want to connect with people around the world by phone for free? Then check out this free app.
– If you are looking for an interesting way to showcase your company with
six-second videos, Vine could be your free resource. Be sure to sign up for Twitter first, if you haven’t
Accounting – Like many small businesses, you need accounting! Why not try this free accounting
software with unlimited invoicing, collaboration options and more.
Maps – Looking for free GPS navigation with turn by turn? Waze may be your app.
- This free Project Management
tool will keep your organized and in the know of what is happening with your
– This free online encyclopedia is a great resource that is used by researchers
and general information seekers. Create your own Wiki page to showcase your business’ history and
– A great free resource to help you create great blogs. With a variety of plug-ins, this is a
great tool for your blog.
Currency – Have the need to convert currency quickly? Check out this free app.
Don't overlook how technology can support small business growth. With the right tech, you can grow faster, scale more efficiently, and delight customers faster. For more tips efficiency, communication, and collaboration for the small business, download the free ebook below.