If a picture is worth a thousand words, what then could a 60 second video be worth? Well, according to a new Forrester study, a 60 second video is worth over 1.8 million words.
In less than a decade, video marketing has become a vital part of the digital marketing mix.Nearly 70% of marketers are now incorporating video into their marketing campaigns.
But if you're in that 30% that has still not ventured into video, I have a feeling the following facts might just change your mind.
The Value of Video:
Better Brand Awareness
- Axonn Research found that seven in ten people view brands in a more positive light after watching interesting video content from them.
- With video marketing, making your brand known has never been easier. Video traffic is forecasted to reach 69% of all consumers Internet traffic in 2017 - up from 57% in 2012.
- Almost 90% of US internet users viewed online video in December 2013, with the number of video ads watched in the US leaping from 11 billion in December 2012 to more than 35 billion in December 2013.
- 65% of executives visit a brand's website after viewing a work-related video.
Better Customer Engagement
- Video allows you to take on multiple platforms -- with a single video playing equally well through YouTube, Facebook, Google+, and on home sites.
- Internet users spend 88% more time on websites with video.
- A video can capture someone's attention longer than any other form of advertising, but 10 seconds is all you have to grab the attention of viewers in a video marketing clip.
- 20% of viewers click away from videos in 10 seconds of fewer, so make sure you engage from the start!
- Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those lasting between 30 seconds to one minute.
- Including video in email can increase the click-through rate by 96%.
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video.
- Website visitors who view videos stay on the site 2 minutes longer than those who don't view videos. Make sure your videos are easy to spot!
- People are 144% more likely to buy a product after viewing a video about it.
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a specific video advertisement on a website they visited in the past 30 days. Of that 80%, 46% took some form of action like visiting the company's website or purchases the product in the ad.
- Google prioritizes its search content, ranking videos the highest in search results.
- 91% of Google users never go beyond the first search results page, making it is essential for your brand to fight to land on that first page.
- Videos gives you a 50% greater chance of being displayed on Google's first page.
Take a step back and find areas where video could fit in to your marketing strategy, because if you're not using video marketing, you're losing customers to those who do.
I wonder, if it were five years in the future, would you be reading this article or would you be watching it?