At Dreamforce ’16, marketers got a close-up view of the current state of marketing — the latest trends, newest channels, and most mind-blowing stats that marketers will be talking about as we head into 2017.
In the Marketing Cloud Lodge and at the 100+ marketing breakout sessions, marketers learned about:
If you missed Dreamforce and wish you could learn these marketing insights first-hand, don’t worry. We’ve created a webinar just for you.
Who: For any marketer who wants to be updated on the latest marketing trends, topics, and technologies from Dreamforce '16
When: November 3 at 9:00 AM Pacific
How: Register now!
This webinar is your seat at the table to discover what thousands of your marketing peers learned just a couple weeks ago at Dreamforce.
Led by me and Joel Book, your Marketing Cloudcast hosts, we’ll explain everything announced at Dreamforce that’s relevant to marketers — and what it means for your own marketing efforts. Register now for November 3!
Here's a sneak peek at the top webinar with our top five takeaways. Get much more detail and the full ten takeaways in the webinar.
1. We're living in the age of the customer. Thanks to advances in technology, 1-to-1 customer journeys are entirely possible — and marketers are discovering their power. With the rise of cloud computing, mobile devices, social media, and artificial intelligence, marketers can send and manage highly personalized content, which is exactly what customers expect. In fact:
These stats are from the new State of the Connected Customer Report. In other words, the customer is in control.
2. AI for marketing is here. According to Bob Stuzt, leader of Salesforce's Marketing and Analytics Clouds, "We’re experiencing artificial intelligence every day of our lives, even if we don’t know it or just take it for granted. Whether it’s Spotify using machine learning to give us a better music playlist, or Apple using natural language processing to make Siri our digital assistant, AI is truly everywhere."
We're now bringing artificial intelligence to marketing with Marketing Cloud Einstein. With Marketing Cloud Einstein, we are giving marketers the ability to shift away from using analytics that only look at past behavior to analytics that predict the optimal timing, channel, content and audience for any marketing message. Learn more.
3. Commerce Cloud will revolutionize online marketing. The Salesforce Commerce Cloud, built around the $2.8 billion Demandware acquisition, is the biggest in the world. As part of the Customer Success Platform, retail brands on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud can transform how they connect with their customers at every step in the journey: from discovery, engagement, and transaction to analytics, community and service.
Now, brands in all industries can deliver digital commerce across web, mobile, social, and in-store to make the entire experience smarter, more personal, and more engaging. Learn more.
4. Customer service and marketing are growing closer. Powered by Journey Builder, companies are now automating customer care and customer service interactions with customers. Using data and analytics to predict and respond to customer needs, marketing and customer service are now truly closer than ever.
Even your best marketing efforts will fail if your service doesn't back up what you've promised. At Dreamforce we heard a large number of companies talk about the silos falling between their service and marketing departments.
5. Customer journeys are hitting the mainstream. Customer lifecycle marketing and the customer journey were everywhere at Dreamforce. Increasingly, though, automating customer journeys isn't limited to B2C brands. B2B companies, too, are betting big on predictive data and consumer journey insights. Customer journeys have transitioned from a “nice to have” to something they can’t afford not to have.
We'll share many more Dreamforce insights tailored specifically to marketers in the webinar. Register now for November 3!