The brightest minds from the healthcare industry came together last week in Orlando, FL for HIMSS'17. Innovations in healthcare IT took center stage, with the features of our patient-oriented Health Cloud drawing lots of attention. Alongside our innovative features in the Health Cloud, we also had a fantastic rock and roll Trailblazer Party featuring a live performance from Fitz and the Tantrums! We even kicked off all of the HIMSS fun with Healthcare Week on the Salesforce Blog! Healthcare Week featured lots of content including spotlights on the Health Cloud, Partners, Innovation, data, and, most importantly, our customers.
1. New Product Features for Health Cloud with Dr. Joshua Newman: Watch Dr. Newman discuss cutting-edge product features for Salesforce Health Cloud in this Facebook Live video from from the floor of HIMSS!
2. Partner Day: At HIMSS, product and innovation were on full display. And so were our Partners! We showcased some of our fantastic healthcare partners, who offer solutions ranging from transportation to scheduling to care management–all in an effort to help providers better manage patients’ care journeys. Check out the blog here!
We also sat down Peter Doolan, EVP, Digital Transformation and Dr. Newman at HIMSS to talk about our bountiful Salesforce Partner ecosystem in healthcare. Watch below!
3. Where the healthcare industry is heading: What an exciting time in the healthcare industry. Changes and updates to the future of healthcare fueled a lot of the conversation at HIMSS this year. Tiffani Bova, Global, Customer Growth, and Innovation Evangelist, sat down with Salesforce’s top healthcare and technology experts to discuss where they think the industry is headed and the impact advancements in technology could have on the overall care journey. Watch the full discussion here!
We also sat down with Kimberly Arnold, Salesforce Healthcare Market Leader, to talk about the forward-looking technology trends in healthcare and how we are working to close the technology gap between patients and providers. Watch below!
4. Empowering Easterseals: Salesforce Health Cloud has helped bring the very best care to the patients of Easterseals, which helps children with disabilities. “If you are a family with a child with a disability or autism, you already have your hands full without worrying how you can afford or access services,” said Robert Van Tuyl, Chief Innovation Officer at Easterseals Bay Area. “We are working to make care seamless for families — from the point of referral to treatment and any step in between — focusing on providing the best care possible for every child and young adult.” Read more about how Easterseals uses Health Cloud here!
5. Lots of love on Twitter: With lots of passionate attendees capturing their HIMSS 17 experience on social, we pulled together a look at HIMSS through attendees' eyes here in our official Twitter moment. Also check out our shout out from @HIStalk.
The most timely and patient centered product I've seen so far: Salesforce. Docs and patients as customers. #HIMSS17— HIStalk (@histalk) February 22, 2017
6. The future of CRM in healthcare: Innovation and new technology were praised as the future of healthcare at HIMSS this year. And Health Cloud embodies the future of healthcare. Dr. Newman takes a deep dive into Health Cloud's newest features including risk stratification, lead-to-patient conversion, and segmentation. Check out Dr. Newman on HIMSS '17 TV below!
Our week at HIMSS in Orlando was full of learning and fun. Want even more information on Salesforce Health Cloud? Check out the 2016 Connected Patient Report!