Here’s your one-stop-shop for all the big announcements coming out of Dreamforce and where to find more information on each.
Tomorrow officially marks the start of Dreamforce ‘19, but that doesn’t mean we’re waiting to kick off a week of innovation, learning, and fun. Here’s your one-stop-shop for all the big announcements coming out of Dreamforce and where to find more information on each.
Apple and Salesforce put productivity and learning in your hands
- The Salesforce Mobile App, powered by AI and reimagined for iOS, now delivers a powerful new user experience enabled by Einstein, with advanced analytics and features exclusive to iOS, including Siri shortcuts and Face ID.
- Trailhead GO, the first-ever mobile app for Trailhead, exclusive to iOS and iPadOS, empowers learners to skill up anywhere and at anytime with more than 700 modules covering in-demand business and tech skills.
- The new Salesforce Mobile SDK, optimized for Swift and iOS 13, now enables Salesforce developers to quickly build and deploy native Salesforce apps for iPhone and iPad.
Salesforce and Microsoft expand strategic partnership to accelerate customer success
To help our customers meet the evolving needs of their businesses, we’ve expanded our partnership with Microsoft. Microsoft Azure is now our public cloud provider for Marketing Cloud and we will build new integrations that connect Sales Cloud and Service Cloud with Microsoft Teams.
What does this mean for you?
- Improved Marketing Cloud performance will reduce customer onboarding times, enable quicker expansion with Azure’s global footprint, and address local data security, privacy, and compliance requirements.
- The Microsoft Teams integration will provide your teams with a more cohesive way to collaborate. Instead of toggling between systems, service and sales agents can view and share Salesforce records directly within Teams.
Build deeper customer relationships with Customer 360 Truth
Customer 360 Truth connects your data to help you break down silos between sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more. It’s an important step in putting the customer at the center of your business to deliver informed interactions at every step of their journey With Customer 360 Truth, customers will be able to:
- Address customer service problems more efficiently
- Create personalized marketing journeys
- Predict the best sales opportunities
- Surface relevant product recommendations
Bring voice to every customer experience
Last year, the Dreamforce audience was introduced to, which allows sales reps to talk to Salesforce, hands-free. This year we’re bringing the power of voice technology to every customer experience spanning the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform.
- Einstein Voice Assistant will be available for every app built on Salesforce.
- Einstein Skills will enable admins and developers to build custom, voice-powered apps tailored to any role or industry, in just a matter of clicks.
- Service Cloud Voice integrates telephony inside Service Cloud, unifying phone, digital channels, and CRM in real time. New transcription capabilities will convert voice to text, enabling Einstein to support customer service agents by surfacing AI-powered recommended responses, knowledge articles, and next best actions.
- Einstein Call Coaching uses natural language processing to identify keywords in sales calls, alerting managers to trends like spikes in competitor mentions, or best practices on topics like objection handling or budget discussions. The insights and trends gleaned from conversational data, can then be used for personalized coaching, or to improve customer buying experiences.
Take a moment to say hello to Einstein and see how it can help your business below:
Streamline Your Customer Service and Learn Cloud Technology with AWS and Salesforce
The Salesforce and AWS strategic alliance is expanding to include new ways to achieve superior customer service, learn in-demand skills, and make Einstein Voice Builder compatible with Amazon Alexa and other voice assistants and devices. Here’s what you need to know about each exciting part of this announcement:
Better customer service at a lower cost
Through this partnership, Salesforce has chosen Amazon Connect as its preferred contact center technology and will offer it as part of Service Cloud Voice. The integration will give service agents one, centralized view of their activity. Now, when a phone call is routed to an agent, it appears directly within the agent’s workspace. Between Einstein and AWS’ AI-powered speech analytics, calls are transcribed in
New AWS content on Trailhead
AWS released new content on Trailhead titled “AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials” to train and certify IT professionals to become proficient in the cloud. By addressing the growing technology skills gap, this gives learners new pathways into the professions that both AWS and Salesforce have created — some of the most in-demand professional roles in the IT market today.
Einstein Voice Builder on Alexa
Salesforce is continuing its commitment to the Voice Interoperability Initiative by exploring ways to integrate Einstein Voice Builder with Amazon Alexa and other voice assistants and devices in the future.
Head over to the Dreamforce website for additional information on these announcements and how to learn more about them at the conference. If you’re not joining us in person, participate via the livestream on Salesforce Live.
Use Salesforce Evergreen to build on a fully managed serverless platform
Announcing Salesforce Evergreen, the latest addition to the Customer 360 Platform that helps you build modern apps and connected experiences using your Salesforce data and business logic. With Evergreen you can enhance developer productivity by using modern industry patterns, like functions and microservices, along with open standards like Kubernetes, to create experiences that are responsive, personal, and intelligent.
What it means for you:
- Deliver engaging consumer and employee experiences. Build event-driven scalable apps powered by Customer 360 data and services.
- Empower every developer to innovate. Create apps and functions using microservice patterns, data services, and languages like Node js, Java, and Apex.
- Future-proof apps with open standards. Faster time to market and app portability with a serverless elastic runtime, powered by Kubernetes.
Salesforce Data Mask helps secure your sensitive sandbox data
Do you know how to secure your sandbox data? As admins and developers, we often pay close attention to the data security of our production orgs, but not our sandbox environments. Yet, with new data regulations passing all over the world, ensuring your data is secure in every environment should be of utmost importance.
That’s why we announced Salesforce Data Mask at the Developer Keynote this Wednesday. It’s a new tool to help you customize, build, and test on Salesforce while protecting sensitive data. Data Mask anonymizes and deletes protected data from your sandbox environments so you can test with high fidelity substitute data and rest assured that your customers’ data is kept private and confidential. Read more here.