Introducing Salesforce Net Zero Cloud in Advance of Climate Week 2019
Learn about Salesforce Net Zero Cloud and get involved at Climate Week NYC 2019!
Salesforce and its employees will show up big to UN Climate Summit and Climate Week NYC 2019. Salesforce operates with the belief that businesses can be platforms for change and for decades has harnessed our company’s culture of innovation to drive positive social impact.
Climate change is the most complex challenge that humans have ever faced, and individuals and companies should use their unique core competencies to drive climate action. At Salesforce, we use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to help shape the company’s global strategy and technology innovations on our path to deliver a sustainable, low-carbon future for all.
Leading into Climate Week, today we announced Salesforce Net Zero Cloud, a carbon accounting product for businesses to drive climate action that will accelerate the world’s efforts towards carbon neutrality. With Salesforce Net Zero Cloud, businesses now have a trusted sustainability platform that gives them a 360-degree view of their environmental impact and provides data-driven insights to make change the planet will notice.
Salesforce Net Zero Cloud enables businesses to quickly track, analyze, and report reliable environmental data to help them reduce their carbon emissions. A company’s carbon data is easily surfaced in Salesforce Einstein Analytics, which creates dynamic reports and dashboards — both for audit purposes and for executive engagement — with insights that empower businesses to drive climate action programs at scale.
This announcement precedes Salesforce’s headline sponsorship of Climate Week NYC 2019. We are excited to join stakeholders from around the world, including government officials, businesses, NGOs, and citizens, to highlight game-changing climate innovations, and catalyze bold new commitments. Salesforce representatives will deliver keynotes, lead panel discussions, and convene industry leaders on how the private sector can collaborate, and leverage innovation and core products to address climate challenges.
Climate change affects everyone, and we each hold the power to create a more sustainable future for generations to come. Here are a couple of ways to get involved during Climate Week:
- Find your closest Climate March and march with a friend on Friday, September 20! Join young climate strikers on the streets and demand climate justice.
- Follow Salesforce on YouTube and social to get a front-row seat to exclusive events, including:
- Monday, September 23: Suzanne DiBianca, Chief Impact Officer at Salesforce, will deliver a keynote address at Climate Week’s Opening Ceremony
- Wednesday, September 25: Patrick Flynn, VP of Sustainability at Salesforce, will lead a panel session about the role of technology in accelerating climate action. He will be joined by a Step Up Coalition representative and a Salesforce Net Zero Cloud pilot customer.
- Wednesday, September 25: On the heels of announcing a $250,000 grant to EcoRise, a K–12 school-based nonprofit, to expand environmental STEM education programs in New York City schools, a group of K–12 teachers will participate in a day of professional development and receive an overview of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and classroom resources with a focus on Climate Action.
- Thursday, September 26: Mark Hawkins, President and CFO of Salesforce, will host the east coast launch event of the USA Chapter of The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S) CFO Leadership Network
- Throughout the week we’ll share on-the-ground interviews with environmental changemakers, from youth activists to corporate leaders.
- Tell a friend, partner, or coworker about Salesforce Net Zero Cloud. This solution helps customers view their environmental impact and use data-driven insights to make changes the planet will notice.
If we’re going to beat the worst consequences of a changing climate, it’s all hands on deck. We need individuals, businesses, government, and nonprofit agencies to work together to drive change now.
Excited to see how you get involved in Climate Week!
Learn more about Net Zero Cloud.