Regardless of industry, size, and location, organizations are using their resources to aid in this global pandemic. To inspire you or your team on ways you can take action, here is a round-up of Salesforce customers using their resources to help their communities, employees, and customers in times of need.
Helping local communities
- Medicine creator Lilly offers drive-through testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to Indianapolis area health care workers
- RG Barry, a developer and marketer of footwear, handbags, and foot care products is using the power of Commerce Cloud to promote a “Buy One, Give One” initiative of their Dearfoams slippers to benefit healthcare workers.
- The Estée Lauder Companies, normally a cosmetics and skincare producer, reopened its Melville, New York manufacturing facility to produce hand sanitizer for high-need groups and populations, including front-line medical staff.
- Restaurant software company Toast initiated a media campaign around the hashtag #RallyForRestaurants to support the restaurant industry through this difficult time by encouraging people to purchase gift cards to their favorite small business restaurants and order take-out.
Supporting healthcare workers and first responders
- The clog makers at Crocs announced a daily donation of 10,000 pairs of their signature shoes to healthcare workers on the front lines. The company sends donations to hospitals and fulfills orders that are submitted through their website as long as supplies last.
- Car manufacturer Ford partnered with industrial manufacturer 3M to produce powered air-purifying respirators (PAPRs). The collaboration features new designs leveraging parts from both companies. In addition, Ford assembles more than 100,000 face shields per week and leverages its in-house 3D printing capability to produce disposable respirators for healthcare workers.
- Geneia, an analytic solutions and services company, built their Theon app on the Salesforce platform to enable healthcare organizations during the pandemic.
- Healthcare organization, Piedmont Health uses Salesforce Care to manage higher call volume by alleviating the triage process. Specifically, it creates call scripting and dashboards.
- Video communication company Zoom is providing K-12 schools video conferencing tools for free to maintain student’s e-learning schedules.
- Telecommunications provider Comcast is offering its product Xfinity Wifi Hotspot for free and launched a new program providing low-income families who are new customers and live in a Comcast service area with 60 days of complimentary internet service.
Assisting employees during a time of need
- With more than 70% of Verizon’s corporate-owned retail locations closed, the American telecommunications company will re-train and re-deploy thousands of its retail employees to work-from-home functions. Meanwhile, almost all of their consumer call center employees – roughly 17,000+ people – are working from home.
- Cosmetics company L’Oréal USA committed to protecting the jobs and wages of all permanent U.S. employees through the end of June 2020.
- At Forescout, a provider of automated security to enterprise and government agencies, extra attention was put on making their employees the number one priority. They are supporting flexible work schedules, keeping a positive attitude, and finding fun ways to connect and engage with their employees virtually during this time of need.
Reskill and develop yourself
PepTalk Her, an organization that helps develop women and equalizes the gender pay gap, is encouraging people to use this time to learn new skill sets. Using Salesforce Essentials, PepTalkHer provides customized content and follows up appropriately with new members.
We’re doing our part too. Salesforce is committed to providing aid for our public school partners across the nation, implementing additional benefits and mental wellness support for employees and offering free public access to our products through Salesforce Care.
We’ll continue to highlight our partners who are using their platforms for change throughout our Leading Through Change series. Subscribe to our blog newsletter to get more of these updates delivered right to your inbox.