We are in a new digital-first world. Customer expectations are changing. We’re working from anywhere. With all of these complex challenges, what’s a marketer to do?
Call Brandy, the newest Salesforce character.
Wherever you are in your marketing, Brandy is here to help monitor pipeline, cultivate campaigns, tell stories with personalization, adapt to trends, and more.
You’ll see her start to appear alongside our other characters — Astro, Codey, Appy, and all our favorite friends — in the coming weeks and months.
Here’s a little more about Brandy the marketer and some insights behind her creation.
The ideas behind our characters
Let’s back up. Why do we have our Salesforce characters, anyway? In 1999, Salesforce changed the mindset of what enterprise software could be — easier to purchase, simpler to use, and more democratic without difficulties of installation, maintenance, and constant upgrades.
Our characters reflect this vision. While each of them has a specific job and purpose, every character shares our mission of making technology friendlier, more approachable, and accessible. They also embrace the fun side of our company and inspire our community to blaze new trails.
Fast forward to today and our introduction to Brandy the Marketer. We began by asking ourselves, “What inspires us about our Trailblazers?” To answer the question, we made a list of their best qualities. Then, we went looking for the perfect way to put that into a character’s personality, appearance, and places she’ll show up.
Marketers and foxes have more in common than you might think. Here are some details on Brandy, and why she’s a fox.
- Adaptable: Foxes thrive in diverse habitats — from forests to grasslands, mountains, and deserts. They can scale hurdles and swim well. This makes Brandy a welcome companion to marketers navigating a unique landscape of their own — our all-digital, work-from-anywhere world.
- Analytical: Foxes scan the field for data. Like marketers today, they have an analytical approach to everything they do. They have an “internal compass” to determine the distance to a goal, just like how marketers use their data to lead their strategy.
- Adventurous: Foxes can cover a lot of ground. They’re excellent travelers, always headed toward the next horizon. That’s why Brandy loves planning journeys. She finds the magic in every stop — or customer interaction — along the way.
- Approachable: Foxes are warm and friendly. Sometimes misunderstood or portrayed as mischievous, they’re actually quite lovable. Meet any of our Trailblazers, and you’ll walk away inspired and with a smile on your face.
- Moment maker: With her camera and watch, Brandy helps marketers deliver amazing customer moments at the right place, at the right time. Moment by moment, she helps marketers build customer relationships that last.
A fox. A friend. A field guide.
With her brilliant mind only matched by her blazing fur coat — perfectly matching Marketing Cloud’s hallmark orange — Brandy truly is a natural fit to the Salesforce family.
But mainly, she’s just like you: a marketer who delivers unforgettable moments for their customers. See how those moments are being built over by marketers everywhere at Marketer Career Path on Trailhead.
You’ll be able to:
- Skill up in your marketing role. From email marketing to analytics, data science, and more, learn new in-demand marketing skills specific to your current role.
- Network with fellow marketers. You don’t have to go it alone. Join a thriving community of marketers and get expert tips, talk strategy, learn about customer trends, and more.
- Transform your career. Discover open positions, learn insights from industry leaders, and get inspired with stories of success from marketers just like you.