Salesforce.com’s Service Cloud 2 Ranked a Leader by Independent Research Firm
Report highlights real-time responsiveness, mobile capabilities, and multichannel social computing among key trends in today’s leading customer service solutions
SAN FRANCISCO – August 5, 2010 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Service Cloud 2 has been cited as a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites Customer Service Solutions, Q3 2010” (Forrester Research, Inc., July, 2010). Service Cloud 2 scored highest among all vendors in the report for its strategy, and ranked high for its usability, time-to-value and product strategy.
According to the Report:
• Salesforce.com was recognized for “growing quickly by making CRM solutions available through the SaaS deployment model.” Specifically, the company was noted for providing very strong support for: “Phone agents, social web; customization; security; Web 2.0-enabling technologies; usability and mobile devices.”
• These strengths align with key trends currently taking place in the customer service solutions landscape that were noted in the report, including the importance of: “customer service embraces real-time methods” via social networking sources; “self-service knowledge management tools,” “mobile capabilities serve as a linchpin for responsive customer service;” and “interest in social computing for multichannel customer service.”
• The company also received high scores for its current offering, particularly in customer service, architecture and platform, and usability, as well as for its strategy, particularly its time-to-value and product strategy.
Comments on the News:
• “There’s no ‘Press 1’ on Twitter. Today’s customers aren’t waiting on hold. They’re on Cloud 2 – they’re mobile, using social networks, and demanding real-time answers,” said Alex Dayon, EVP of CRM, salesforce.com. “Service Cloud 2 helps customer service teams provide modern customer service in the cloud.”
• More information on Service Cloud 2 is available here: http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/
• Watch a brief demo of Service Cloud 2 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVRaDdtO8U
• Become a fan of salesforce.com at http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.