Salesforce.com Introduces Chatter Mobile
Now every employee is empowered with Cloud 2 capabilities - social, mobile and real-time collaboration
Chatter Mobile for Apple iPad, iPhone and the new iPod touch, Google Android and RIM BlackBerry accelerates transition from desktop to mobile apps in the enterprise
CLOUDFORCE LONDON - LONDON - Sept. 8, 2010: Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today introduced Chatter Mobile, empowering every employee with social, mobile and real-time collaboration. With Chatter Mobile, users will be able to monitor their Chatter feeds, including posts from colleagues and alerts from apps, as well as post status updates and comment on relevant conversations – all from their mobile device.
People who access Facebook through a mobile device are twice as active on the site than non-mobile users. Similarly, according to IDC , mobile devices are becoming the new enterprise desktop for more than 50 percent of the workforce. Chatter Mobile for Apple iPad, iPhone and the new iPod touch, Google Android and RIM BlackBerry devices will help employees increase productivity in this new computing paradigm no matter where they are located.
Comments on the News
● "Chatter Mobile means you can know what is happening in your entire enterprise, wherever you are,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “The combination of devices like the iPad or the new iPod touch with mobile apps like Chatter that push information to you in real-time are making the desktop obsolete.”
● "Enterprises are embracing social apps and mobile computing as their future,” said R "Ray" Wang, founding partner and analyst, Altimeter Group. "Customers shouldn't ever worry about where or how their social apps are deployed and accessed."
● “We’ve transformed how we work by deploying Salesforce Chatter,” said Matthew Schafer, founding partner, Sequoia Wealth Management Group. "Now, with Chatter Mobile, employees will be liberated from desktop computing and able to stay actively involved with important information through a simple interface on their mobile device. This will be huge for our productivity.”
Empowering Employees with Chatter Mobile: Social, Mobile and Real-Time Collaboration on their Favorite Device
Salesforce.com is accelerating the market shift to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2, with the introduction of Chatter Mobile. The first phase of cloud computing was about leveraging technologies that were low cost, fast and easy to use on your desktop. Cloud 2 represents the next generation of cloud computing - one that is inherently social, collaborative and delivers real-time access to data and information across new mobile devices. There are now more than 500 million people who access the Internet via a mobile device and the use of mobile apps will grow at a double-digit rate, according to a recent report by IDC . Furthermore, according to a Morgan Stanley report , the number of people who access the Internet via mobile devices will surpass desktops and laptops by 2012.
It’s difficult to stay on top of what’s happening in your business while you’re not at your desk. You can access email and browse the web but you can’t connect with your colleagues and enterprise apps in real-time. Now with Chatter Mobile, you can. For the first time, employees can keep each other informed of their activities by updating their status, posting comments, uploading documents and photos, and collaborating with team members via a mobile device.
Market Momentum Builds for Salesforce Chatter
Since launching into general availability on June 22, Chatter’s industry reception has been hugely positive. Chatter has won multiple industry awards for innovation and there are now nearly 20,000 companies with Chatter deployments discovering a new way to work.
In addition, Chatter Mobile extends salesforce.com’s existing success in mobile apps. Salesforce CRM has been embraced by customers and has more than 300,000 downloads from the Apple App Store and more than 100,000 from the BlackBerry App World.
Pricing and Availability
• Salesforce Chatter is now generally available and included at no additional charge with all paying user subscriptions of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
• Chatter Mobile will be available at no additional charge for Salesforce CRM and Force.com subscribers.
• Chatter Mobile apps for BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone and the new iPod touch are currently scheduled to be available in late 2010. Chatter Mobile for Android devices is currently scheduled to be available in the first half of 2011.
• Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
● For salesforce.com customers, visit http://www.salesforce.com/chatter/getstarted/ for guides, FAQs and tutorials on how to turn on Chatter and use within the organization
● For prospective customers, get your free trial of Salesforce today at www.salesforce.com
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
● To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: http://www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.