Salesforce.com’s services receive GSA moderate level Authority to Operate
Hundreds of government organizations, including more than half of U.S. federal cabinet-level departments, have already adopted salesforce.com’s services
Marc Benioff co-chairs the TechAmerica Foundation’s Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2)
Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer, and Neelie Kroes, European Commission Vice President for the Digital Agenda, will present at Dreamforce 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – CLOUDFORCE 2011 – June 1, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the rapid adoption of its trusted cloud computing technologies by government organizations. In addition, the company also announced that salesforce.com’s services have received U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) moderate level Authority to Operate, consistent with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements. Now, government customers are able to leverage salesforce.com’s proven and trusted cloud computing services for more of their operations, all without any hardware or software.
Comments on the News
● “Salesforce.com sees a tremendous opportunity for the government to harness the power of cloud computing,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “We are delivering the same customer success to the public sector that we have brought to the private sector over the last 12 years.”
● “The benefits the U.S. government stands to gain from secure enterprise public clouds are enormous. The Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2) will help advance cloud computing in the public sector,” said Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer.
Salesforce.com is Delivering Customer Success to Government
• Salesforce.com’s Services Receive GSA Moderate Level Authority to Operate Salesforce.com has received the Authority to Operate at the moderate level baseline for the Force.com platform, Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Chatter, and supporting infrastructure. The certification is based on testing performed against the NIST 800-53 Rev. 3 moderate baseline requirements consistent with FISMA requirements. Now, US federal government customers looking to leverage the power of cloud computing can rely on salesforce.com’s services to address even more of their IT needs.
• Government Adoption: More than Half of U.S. Cabinet Agencies Have Deployed Salesforce The Obama Administration’s Cloud First policy is driving government adoption of cloud computing, and hundreds of government agencies are turning to salesforce.com. In fact, more than half of U.S. cabinet-level agencies including the U.S. Department of State have already adopted salesforce.com’s cloud computing technologies to deliver a broad range of services from grants management to electronic medical records and constituent-facing websites to contact centers. State and local government agencies, like New Jersey Transit, Arlington Economic Development and Chicago Housing Authority, have also seen tremendous success with salesforce.com.
• Marc Benioff Co-Chairs TechAmerica’s CLOUD2 Commission
The TechAmerica Foundation formed the CLOUD2 Commission to provide the Obama Administration with recommendations for how government should deploy cloud technologies and to help drive public policies that will deliver U.S. innovation in the cloud. Marc Benioff serves as co-chairman of the commission, which is made up of 71 experts from the public and private sector.
• Government Leaders to Keynote at Dreamforce
Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer, and Neelie Kroes, European Commission Vice President for the Digital Agenda, will be speaking at Dreamforce 2011, the industry’s largest cloud computing event. Salesforce.com’s ninth annual user and developer conference, Dreamforce, will be held at Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, August 30 – September 2, 2011. To register, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
Salesforce.com: Proven Path to Success with Cloud Computing
With more than 97,700 customers, salesforce.com is the leader in customer relationship management, enterprise social collaboration and custom application development in the cloud. Salesforce.com provides organizations the fastest path to success because they don’t have to buy or manage hardware, software or infrastructure.
Salesforce.com’s multitenant architecture enables all customers – no matter what size or where they are located – to leverage a shared infrastructure. The multitenant design also means salesforce.com runs significantly fewer servers and consumes less energy than on-premise systems or private clouds. According to WSP Environment & Energy, salesforce.com’s multitenant cloud computing architecture is on average 95% more carbon efficient than on-premise systems and 64% more efficient than private clouds.
● For more information on salesforce.com’s work with the government, please visit: http://www.salesforce.com/industries/public-sector/
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter
● Visit salesforce.com’s Facebook fan page at http://facebook.com/salesforce
● YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Salesforce
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.