Salesforce, the #1 CRM company, will extend its Customer Success Platform with Demandware's industry-leading digital commerce solutions
Demandware is the global cloud leader in the multi-billion dollar digital commerce market
Global brands including Design Within Reach, Lands’ End, L’Oreal and Marks & Spencer rely on Demandware to connect 1-to-1 with consumers across the web, mobile, social and in-store experiences
SAN FRANCISCO—July 11, 2016—Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and the world’s #1 CRM company, today announced it has completed its acquisition of Demandware, the global cloud leader in the multi-billion dollar digital commerce market. As the new Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Demandware will be an integral part of the Customer Success Platform, allowing any company to transform the way they connect with customers 1-to-1 across sales, service, marketing, communities, analytics, IoT, platform and now commerce.
Comments on the News:
• “Demandware is an amazing company—the global cloud leader in the multi-billion dollar digital commerce market,” said Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO of Salesforce. “With Demandware, Salesforce will be well positioned to deliver the future of commerce as part of our Customer Success Platform and create yet another billion dollar cloud.”
• “We’re poised to deliver the future of commerce by joining Demandware’s industry-leading digital commerce platform with Salesforce, the world’s #1 CRM company,” said Tom Ebling, CEO of Demandware, a Salesforce company. “We’re thrilled to be a part of Salesforce and capture the incredible opportunity ahead of us.”
• “We’re excited Demandware is joining Salesforce,” said Bethany Kemp, Vice President of Technology & Information Systems of Design Within Reach. “As a customer of both companies, this acquisition means our commerce capabilities from Demandware will be fully integrated with our clienteling and CRM system, so we can deliver personalized, 1-to-1 experiences to our customers across all touchpoints.”
• “Salesforce's move into the commerce market supports their strategy of broadening the platform while adding industry-specific depth," said John Peto, Principal and U.S. Digital Customer Leader of Deloitte Consulting LLP. "The addition of Demandware’s industry leading digital commerce capabilities to Salesforce’s Customer Success Platform creates exciting opportunities for our partnership and joint customers. We look forward to combining our leading Salesforce and e-commerce practices in a new way to help our clients’ address their most important customer engagement opportunities.”
• “Salesforce, with their [Demandware’s] technology, can empower companies to better know their customers, and help them more effectively fully support the customer lifecycle of winning, serving and retaining customers," wrote Kate Leggett, Vice President, Principal Analyst of Forrester Research.
According to Gartner, worldwide spending on digital commerce platforms is expected to grow at over 14 percent annually, reaching $8.45 billion by 2020 (Gartner, Inc. Forecast: Enterprise Software Markets, Worldwide, 2013-2020, 2Q16 Update, June 21, 2016).
Salesforce’s acquisition of Demandware, a recognized leader in the space, extends the company’s CRM leadership and positions it to capture this multi-billion dollar digital commerce market with what will be the new Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Salesforce customers now have access to the industry’s leading enterprise cloud commerce platform as an integral part of the Customer Success Platform, and Demandware customers can leverage Salesforce’s leading sales, service, marketing, communities, analytics, IoT and platform solutions to deliver a more comprehensive, personalized consumer experience.
Demandware—the Industry Leading Enterprise Cloud Commerce Platform
Global brands including Design Within Reach, Lands’ End, L’Oreal and Marks & Spencer rely on Demandware to connect 1-to-1 with consumers across the web, mobile, social and in-store experiences.
• Read Demandware’s blog post here: Salesforce Completes Acquisition of Demandware.
• Read more about the completion of the Tender Offer here: Salesforce Completes Tender Offer for Outstanding Shares of Demandware.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: http://www.salesforce.com/ca/.
Safe harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions proves incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking, including any projections of product or service availability, subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statements regarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgraded services or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services.
The risks and uncertainties referred to above include – but are not limited to – risks associated with developing and delivering new functionality for our services; new products and services; our business strategy and plan to build our business; our past operating losses; possible fluctuations in our operating results and rate of growth; our reliance on third- party hardware, software and platform providers; breach of our security measures; the outcome of any litigation; risks associated with completed and potential mergers and acquisitions; our ability to continue to grow and maintain deferred revenue and unbilled deferred revenue; our ability to expand, retain, and motivate our employees and manage our growth; new releases of our services and successful customer deployment; and challenges inherent to selling to larger enterprise customers. Further information on potential factors that could affect the financial results of salesforce.com, inc. is included in our annual report on Form 10-K for the most recent fiscal year and in our quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the most recent fiscal quarter. These documents and others containing important disclosures are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of our Web site.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases, presentations or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make the purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.