Eighth annual American Business Awards honor salesforce.com as the Most Innovative Company of the Year (2,500+ employees) and for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year (2,500+ employees)
SAN FRANCISCO, July 21, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that it’s been awarded two coveted Stevie Awards in the 8th Annual American Business Awards. Salesforce.com won the award for Most Innovative Company of the Year (2,500+ employees), and the Salesforce.com Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year (2,500+ employees). The Stevies honor and generate public recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and business people worldwide.
Most Innovative Company and Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year
• According to the winning nomination, salesforce.com was recognized as the Most Innovative Company of the Year for “redefining the enterprise software industry with cloud computing,” and “unveiling yet another breakthrough technology, Salesforce Chatter, which ushers in the next paradigm for enterprise cloud computing, Cloud 2.”
• The Salesforce.com Foundation was honored as the Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year for the success of its 1/1/1 integrated philanthropy model in “affecting change for social well-being. To date, salesforce.com employees have contributed more than 192,000 hours of volunteer service, more than 8,500 nonprofits run their operations with donated salesforce.com products, and more than $20 million in grants awarded to nonprofits since the Salesforce.com Foundation was created.”
Comments on the News
• “We are extremely proud to win Stevie Awards for attributes we consider core to our company’s success – innovation and corporate philanthropy,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “We thank our customers for being the catalyst behind our innovation as well as our employees who have proven that integrated philanthropy can truly make a difference.”
About the Stevie Awards
• Stevie Awards were presented in over 40 categories. More than 2,700 entries from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted for consideration.
• More than 200 executives across the country participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and Stevie Award winners.
• Details about The American Business Awards and the lists of honorees in all categories are available at www.stevieawards.com/aba.