Report highlights real-time responsiveness, mobile capabilities, and multichannel social computing among key trends in today’s leading customer service solutions
SAN FRANCISCO – August 5, 2010 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Service Cloud 2 has been cited as a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites Customer Service Solutions, Q3 2010” (Forrester Research, Inc., July, 2010). Service Cloud 2 scored highest among all vendors in the report for its strategy, and ranked high for its usability, time-to-value and product strategy.
According to the Report:
• Salesforce.com was recognized for “growing quickly by making CRM solutions available through the SaaS deployment model.” Specifically, the company was noted for providing very strong support for: “Phone agents, social web; customization; security; Web 2.0-enabling technologies; usability and mobile devices.”
• These strengths align with key trends currently taking place in the customer service solutions landscape that were noted in the report, including the importance of: “customer service embraces real-time methods” via social networking sources; “self-service knowledge management tools,” “mobile capabilities serve as a linchpin for responsive customer service;” and “interest in social computing for multichannel customer service.”
• The company also received high scores for its current offering, particularly in customer service, architecture and platform, and usability, as well as for its strategy, particularly its time-to-value and product strategy.
Comments on the News:
• “There’s no ‘Press 1’ on Twitter. Today’s customers aren’t waiting on hold. They’re on Cloud 2 – they’re mobile, using social networks, and demanding real-time answers,” said Alex Dayon, EVP of CRM, salesforce.com. “Service Cloud 2 helps customer service teams provide modern customer service in the cloud.”
• More information on Service Cloud 2 is available here: http://www.salesforce.com/crm/customer-service-support/
• Watch a brief demo of Service Cloud 2 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVRaDdtO8U
• Become a fan of salesforce.com at http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter